Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A Cathal, A Cathal!

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭Spenguin

The Irish comprehension was pretty hard. I didn't know any adjectives for the question on why the duck was a good mother. Maths was ok but q 1c was hard, I don't remember doing that on the course. It's funny cos I knew what reciprocal meant from one of my maths teachers 'non-junior cert course' rants.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Diarmsquid

Spenguin wrote:
    The Irish comprehension was pretty hard. I didn't know any adjectives for the question on why the duck was a good mother. Maths was ok but q 1c was hard, I don't remember doing that on the course. It's funny cos I knew what reciprocal meant from one of my maths teachers 'non-junior cert course' rants.
    Yeah, our maths teacher seemed to go on and on about things that "weren't on the JC couse anyway".
    Came in handy now though.
    Also learned synthetic division which could be useful on monday

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Fenny

That Irish tape test was hilarious, everyone in the class were just laughing their heads off. Anyone think that the woman who said "Fogra a trí" sounded a little ... off? I think I did fine on Irish tape, but Paper 1 went horribly bad, so I'm desperately counting on Paper 2 to get me up. Damn.
    Ah, those reciprocals! I had never seen them in my life but I just decided to try it anyway and got 2/7. Yeah, question 1(c) was horrible. Other than that, I think Maths went quite well; good job, considering what a disaster Irish was. Paper 2 and CSPE tomorrow - thank God CSPE is such an easy subject.
    By the way - what did everyone get for that question about the income tax? I got something like 51 000 for his gross profit but I made some stupid mistakes on the way, so I'm not sure if I was right.

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭Alqua

Ah that tape was definately hilarious! And going by that woman with her shaky comhra a trhi or something like that, along with (what seemed like) a really strange layout on that maths paper, it looks like they were on something when setting those papers!
    I thought Irish was generally ok, and in maths I managed pretty well, attempted everything except the recipricol thing. Should've tried a guess at it though. From what I've heard, most people did and luckily managed to get the right answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Yeah I got 51000 for the income tax thingy. It took me ages because I kept taking the numbers down from the calculator wrong. And I thought I was getting something fundamentally wrong, whereas... I was just being monumentally stupid.

What's synthetic division? o.O?

And yeah, the layout was crazy. I thought for a second I'd gotten a pass paper when I saw the first question about filling in Venn Diagrams... so easy. =D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24 alanoc9

i did fine in maths,didnt think it was to hard.i did pass irish and was done in 30 minutes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 alanoc9

ya i got -179 aswell that was kinda funkd up

Advertisement