Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Evangelion

Options
  • 09-06-2005 4:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21

I've heard nothing but good things about Neon Genisis Evangelion and have been downloading music vids based on them (epsiodes don't work :mad: ) but it seems like so much happens that you have to watch it all from the start or you'll be lost. Is there any point in getting ''Death and Rebirth'' or ''End of Evangelion'' having never anything else from the series properly before?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

No. One of them is basically a summary of the series the other is basically an alternate ending to the series replacing the last two episodes.
    I wouldn't advise you to watch either having not seen the series.
    End of Eva is the alternate ending, Death & Rebirth is the recap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Cinderellie

Yeah,you really need to see all the episodes before you watch the two movies.Nothing will make sense if you don't. It's well worth it though.Evangelion is the best anime I've ever seen.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,447 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Eva is very over rated. It builds up to an extremely clever ending which it never delivers. It's still very good but watch the series before the fims.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Art_Wolf

Heh, I was with a group on a bus and someone stuck in End of Evangelion. Ofcourse out of the 20-25 people only 3 had seen the series :D

Oh the rest complained but we were happy ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭Raziel

I just watched End Of.. last week. Good, but a little confusing, and there's too much cornball heaviness towards the end!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

eva's alright, but Rah-Xephon is better imo. Does whatever it was eva tried to do but does it with style, beautiful animation and excellent music.

still haven't seen the Rah-Xephon ova actually..

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

why does everyone say it's confusing it is not.
    and it's good btw watch the series!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

(epsiodes don't work
    you might need different codecs or media players for them to work.

ive sen a few episodes of evangelion, i dont think too much of it so far TBH

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Manga-paddy

amacachi wrote:
    you might need different codecs or media players for them to work.

ive sen a few episodes of evangelion, i dont think too much of it so far TBH
    any idea what player I need for avi files? Almost all the episodes of anything I download don't work on media player,quicktime or divx

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Download videolan, that will play everything.
    www.videolan.org

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Son Goku

My one problem with Evangelion is that it tries to be overly intellectual at times or profoundly artistic.
    It also relies too heavily on interpretation, in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,694 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

well end of evangeltion is the first anime i ever saw that actually turns avant garde half way through the film, funnily enough it made me fall in love with the series even more.

does anyone know where one can get the accoustic verision of the theme song that is played during the interlude in death and rebirth?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Art_Wolf

Videolan is the beans! ;)

I actually like all the imagery in NGE - going back and watching it again and suddenly picking up on other bits. Always a good watch.

Mordeth - oh god no NGE vrs. Rah-Xephon rants please! ^_^;;

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 SERVE COLD

Eva is amazing Get the end of eva since it contains the alternate two last episodes, except in extended in length and completely different in format! Truely one of the anime classics

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

I think EVA is the best anime I have had the pleasure to watch and, as such. own thye whole collection, including the End of Evangelion.

While visually pokemon-esque the inclusion of adult themes and other psychological issues such as abandonment and how it effects Shinji's ultimate choice are extremely well thought out and executed...

Now Rahxehpon is class too!, i've only seen the first two discs but hell, :D it's promising enough

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

Oh yeah manga paddy use this media player

http://www.videolan.org/mirror.php?mirror=http://downloads.videolan.org/pub/videolan/&file=vlc/0.8.2/win32/vlc-0.8.2-win32.exe

It's free and it's given me no ****e regardless of the format i've thrown at it

Advertisement