Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Paper 1 & Aural (H)

Options
  • 09-06-2005 5:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭

Anyone else find the listening pretty hard? Compared to past papers anyway.
    Paper 1 was grand, pretty good essay titles and comprehensions were easy enough.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭<Jonny>

I was pleased that I understood the sceal. I wrote a story about Bród.

The listening paper was difficult. We had our aural exam in the PE hall, and it was echoing like ****. I could barely hear the people, let alone understand the words they were speaking.

Especially with the northern irish ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 728 ✭✭✭randomfella

hard to judge the whole thing. Its was such a long day, i'm knackered.

Tape - quality perfect. Examiner slipped us a few all-too subtle hints well just the one bout the driving test. I only had 2 blanks and i should have gotten a B.

written - meh, i did the taisteal essay. I struggle to meat it out with points, slightly strayed off the point slightly and i was very general but managed to keep a caighdean ard throughout. Comprehensions were easy to read and enjoyable to do, compared to most years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 TailFeather

I was really pleased with the irish paper!!

I did the essay on Teifigh but i thought the reading comprehensions were a bit diffucult!

The tape was fine. I thought it was quite a typical tape.

Bring on paper 2!!

teifigh?

I got a high B/low A in Paper 1, and I almost failed the tape (although that will hopefully change.)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36 CoffeeFreak

I found the listening quite difficult...harder than anything we'd done in class anyway. Plus the huge echo didn't help :mad: .
    The written paper was okay, I was lucky enough to have something learned off on drugs in sport so I did the olimpics one. The comprehensions were fine too.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Alan G

Listening was dier alright!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,211 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

We had lovely tape... It was on CD and we had 4 point surround sound as we did it in the music room!

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Cotsy

What are ye mad! i thought the comps were pretty tough, i understood them quite well but actually findin the answers was a different story. Did ny 1 notice one of the Questions on the Google boys didn make any sense? They better give us all full marks so!
    Thought the listenin was ok but felt a bit rushed. CD started skippin too.
    Bring on Paper 2, then no more Irish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 unak

hey!just home, absolutely wrecked! had a bit of a panic attack when i say aiste titles. but then saw that beautiful diosapoireacht at the end of the page. a gift from heaven. comprehensions are very tough and tape was also tricky! got damn it, there goes my A1 anyway...
    any thoughts on paper 2? alot of do tonight!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭Cherry_Pie

When I saw the Aiste Titles I nearly had a canary!!! But I soon calmed and was ok! Yay

I did both my English essay and m'Aiste Gaeilge on the exact same thing: The Olympics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭Shyster

teifigh=refugees kinda.
    about that question that didnt make sense, we(as in my skool) rang "the people" and they said it was just a mix up of names, easily worked out though.

For anyone who had problems with the tape MAKE SURE you make a fuss about it so it doesnt happen for other languages.. we did in the pres and got split up into classes for it today so it was perfect.
    i thought paper one was difficult but at least the leamhthuiscints were someway interesting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 tara_mac

am i the only one who though that was a wicked paper except the first essay i hadnt a clue thought the comprehensions were easy understood but the questions were sickining some of the words you couldnt possible change them awful i cried

listening was okay apart form cuid a that only okay
    i failed i honestly dotn think there is anypoint in goinng in tommrow

yeah i know what teifigh means i just didn't see it on the paper. I was kinda hoping for an essay on racism yet managed to work it into travel. what did u do ur essay on shyster?

edit- what is eacht? with fada on e?

also was the essay between realtionship between scoil and pupil a clear cut coras oideachas eassay? i wasn't sure so i backed away from it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 tara_mac

could be worse i started mine with i agree instead of i disagree i spelt it wrong and forgot to write over the tip ex so i said i agree and then totally contradicted myself go me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

oops sorry i posted on the ordinary level paper there.

my mistake

No it wasnt for fudges sake, i did that one and was halfway through it before i realised i was totally off the point and going nowhere, but i ploughed on!!
    sorry, i mistooked you for being stoopid with the teifigh thing.

éacht=gaisce, dont know how you say it in english, eh a good thing or a great achievement, its an award given out by the president too i think...
    oooh that travel thing and working in racism was good?!damn me and my tunnel vision...
    one of the alt nuachtain was on teifigh i might be wrong

Cremo wrote:
    anyone think that it was unfair that the schools around Navan got the aiste "timpiste" changed to "telifis".

Now I know that what happened two weeks ago was a tradgedy but why bother changing it for irish and not for english in the junior cert?

different sections of the coimisiun i presume. where was timpiste?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭the smiley one

unak wrote:
    hey!just home, absolutely wrecked! had a bit of a panic attack when i say aiste titles. but then saw that beautiful diosapoireacht at the end of the page. a gift from heaven. comprehensions are very tough and tape was also tricky! got damn it, there goes my A1 anyway...
    any thoughts on paper 2? alot of do tonight!!

that diospóireacht was just beautiful!!! Didn't have anything "learned off" (essays and the like) before going in, but had vocab so just wrote a paragraph on young people, the heath system, racism and the environment....booyakasah!!! The comp were ok and the listening was one of the easiest I've ever done! Having said all that......my grammar is pretty crap...meh, I is happy :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭the smiley one

Shyster wrote:
    No it wasnt for fudges sake, i did that one and was halfway through it before i realised i was totally off the point and going nowhere, but i ploughed on!!
    sorry, i mistooked you for being stoopid with the teifigh thing.

éacht=gaisce, dont know how you say it in english, eh a good thing or a great achievement, its an award given out by the president too i think...
    oooh that travel thing and working in racism was good?!damn me and my tunnel vision...
    one of the alt nuachtain was on teifigh i might be wrong

a feat? it was in the listening as well.....I kinda guessed the meaning....

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Shyster wrote:
    sorry i done the ordinary paper, didn't see that this was a higher level thread

Shyster wrote:
    ordinary paper.

to answer cremo's question. The reason they changed it was because of the uproar yesterday. If they had of known about what they were actually doing, they would have changed it.

So what was the eacht mentioned in the google boys article. I said it was they left college and started research or something.

edit - i worked in the racism, by saying how people have a broader mind after travelling where they've experience different cultures whereas here people are narrow minded and not used to other cultures or peoples. Meh i don't know, i usually have quite good points as in the 20 marks that goes for argument but feel i struggled for scope with that taisteal essay.

lol cremo i am not in anyway prejudiced!! was the title just timpiste, out of interest or was there more on it?

smiley one-that sounds about right!

randomfella- its on the 7/8/9th lines, just that they bunaigh-ed the ineall cuardaigh and that theres a luach of about 37biliun dollar ar

Advertisement