Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA san andreas is available in town.

Options
  • 09-06-2005 6:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭

just to let yous know. dawson st GAME has it for sale. to get it you must say "red fox down" at the counter. secret password!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

lol?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

lmfao :D
    /me walks into GAME
    "Hi... red - fox - down ... ok?"
    No way man, the risk of looking foolish infront of people I don't know and will probably never see again is far too great.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,400 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'd believe him. He works there after all. If you look foolish you can beat him up.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

I was just in Dawson street and the guy said it wasnt out until tomorrow, I asked would it make a diffrenece if If I said 'red fox dawn'. He laughed and sold me a copy.

Embaressing but it worked :)

Heh, that reminds me of the StoneCutters (of Simpsons fame).
    "What if I were to shake your hand in this wise."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Explosive_Cornflake

Tusky wrote:
    I was just in Dawson street and the guy said it wasnt out until tomorrow, I asked would it make a diffrenece if If I said 'red fox dawn'. He laughed and sold me a copy.

Classic stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Just back from wandering around Henry St. and HMV, Game and gamestop are all selling it. €54.99 earth euros for the pleasure.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

hahah classic i didnt actually think anyone would do it but i was asked to say it for the laugh. hahah brilliant.

tallpaul wrote:
    Just back from wandering around Henry St. and HMV, Game and gamestop are all selling it. €54.99 earth euros for the pleasure.
    :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:
    God almighty, I hope GAME are doing some deal for the membership card thingies... I recall getting a good 5 or 10 euro off vice city back in the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

55? For crying out loud.
    I really wanted to buy it today :/ Went to all the shops and got told tomorrow :/ gah! I wanted it now :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Tusky wrote:

Typical Game staff the password was DOWN FFS

:)

kdjac

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

Tusky wrote:

no... you didn't, but I still love you.

And evad, you screwed up, it was supposed to be down, not dawn!!!

ABORT MISSION!!! ABORT!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

how many of you guys work in game?!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

*waves*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Kazaanova

Anyone see this mod? First mod for San Andreas I've seen so far. Wonder why it didnt get into the final game?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

My local gamestop is selling it for €45 (?).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭Loobz

Kazaanova wrote:
    Anyone see this mod? First mod for San Andreas I've seen so far. Wonder why it didnt get into the final game?

Cool mod. Will try install it when I get SA for PC. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭murfie

Kazaanova wrote:

Nice Mod, cant wait to try it out! Why though did i preorder over the net! Could have just got the game today and be playing right now instead i am at the mercy of AN POST!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

I'm in the same boat as you, murfie. My Amazon order apparently despatched yesterday which means it could be Tuesday or Wednesday before I get it, all because I'm a cheap b'tard :)

I'm seriously considering buying it in Game tonight and then bringing it back next week when my order arrives.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

woot...i've just bought it at Dawson st.....just thought i'd mention the red fox dawn or whatever....and got a big grin! No discount but it was funny anyway...

EDIT: the manual/book kicks arse

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

tallpaul wrote:

€54???

Its €44.99 in Smyths, and if you have their loyalty card (or sign up on the spot), you can get it for €40.49!

gta_sa_at_smyths.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,913 ✭✭✭Absolam

€55 Xbox, €45 Pc.....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

Anyone got it for the XBox yet? Do you get the book with it, or is it just the PC version?

flogen wrote:
    no... you didn't, but I still love you.

And evad, you screwed up, it was supposed to be down, not dawn!!!

ABORT MISSION!!! ABORT!

i didnt screw up retard. read the first post. :rolleyes: i hate you

• Registered Users Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

I keep having a weird sound problem whereby I save my game, and some bike across the street starts making a noise like an earthquake. I've nicknamed this "The San Andreas Fault" for now. Its weird though. When I hop on the bike, the noise stops. Pain in the ass.

It just totally locked my computer when I tried to load a game there aswell - I had to unplug it to restart it. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Kazaanova

Having pretty bad glitches myself. The replays are never right, like the tires on your bike/car dont actually move. If you someone like Sweet etc. in your car, they dont show up. Also in the replay your parachute shows up as you holding it in your hand rather than on your back and opened. I've also gotten some crashes, and audio problems in cutscnes. Nothing HUGE though.

Whats the PS2 version equal to on the PC? 1024x768 at medium?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

i had the US version last week its good alright, and dont worry all the glitches will be fixed in a 1.1 version

I've had some unexpected crash-to-desktop moments.
    And urgh, the default controls are ROTTEN.
    Other than that, loving this game :p
    Oh and I got it for 45 in GAME.

yes the pc verison is 45 euro. xbox is 55

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Fed up with other methods and feeling flush, I went and bought it today in Gamestop. Installed fine but I've had a rake of crashes which I now realise are probably due to the horking great gouge that's on the DVD. I'm working around this problem at the moment but what are Gamestop like for returns like this?

I sure as hell didn't run what could well have been a plough over the disc surface...

Advertisement