Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Final Fantasy on PS3?

Options
  • 17-05-2005 11:48pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭

Oh.... my....God....

http://www.gametrailers.com/gamepage.php?id=1683

Just look at the trailer for it. Want, want want. As with the rest of the PS3 trailers they are running and being rendered in realtime on a PS3.

:eek:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

Unfortunately its only a tech demo, they said straight after that they're not planning on making a full game out of it. WHY NOT? I mean its a guaranteed money maker for them, a lot of the work has been done on the PS1 game, not saying that bringing it up to date isn't a big job but it's not as big as starting from scratch. And they must know it would top the charts if they did it.

More interesting are the few tidbits about Crisis Core for PSP, that's a prequel to FFVII and you play as Zack. If there's one area of the story I've always wanted to see fleshed out it's that. Hopefully they do a good job!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭halenger

I'm sure things like Advent Children sales and the other game spin-off sales etc will have a big effect.

But yeah. In my excitement I did forget to mention that it is just a tech demo but talk about amazing. I mean... WOW. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

That was pretty cool. I always liked the intro, right up to the point where you could see cloud jerkly pasted over the train, so it was nice to see it without that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Infini

Holy ****! Want, want, want, want, WANT!!! :eek: I REALLY hope they do make that game I'd so buy it on it's release date!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Mmmmm, nice... id kill for it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭airetam_storm

Might make a mess of the origional??

• Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Not fair not fair not fair I want it I want it I want it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

wow looks incredible, but i always loved the look of the characters from VII and IX - the cutesy, out-of-proportion look.
    maybe it looked a bit TOO realistic?
    I'm probably being an idiot though ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭airetam_storm

ghostchant wrote:
    wow looks incredible, but i always loved the look of the characters from VII and IX - the cutesy, out-of-proportion look.
    maybe it looked a bit TOO realistic?
    I'm probably being an idiot though ;)
    As retro as you get... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

that video is quite impressive, id love if they redid the old game, as for messing it up i think it would be an achievement to make a balls of it, it would certainly take new levels of stupidity to ruin something that good

• Advertisement

See Here

Not all hope is lost.
    The speculation now revolves around whether or not the "Technical Demo" of FFVII intimates that there will actually be a full remake of the game for the PS3, which is something that fans of Final Fantasy have been begging for for years. Final Fantasy VII is still arguably the most well-regarded of the Final Fantasy games, and speculation has been mounting about whether or not Square might attempt to cash in on that popularity by issuing a remake. Considering that this is a company that's announced at least three other games, as well as an all-CGI movie, based on the characters and storyline of FFVII, we can't rule anything out at the moment. Square didn't state anything for certain at the press conference, but we will of course have more details as they come along.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

i bloody hope they do, not like it wouldnt make them a few bob

Remaking the thing with PS3's capabilities would be amazing and would please the fans very much instead of the tripe like X-2 were faced with

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Stalfos

Well they did it with Star Wars so why not Final Fantasy, the star wars of the games.

I can just see it now:
    Digitally Remastered Final Fantasy VII and a second disc with the making of... and deleted scenes from the games.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

I dunno...apart from graphics what more could they add aprt from changing the story...which would be a shame...a spin off would be better

I definately want them to do a remake but to stick exacty to the original main story. Wouldn't mind a few extra mini-games on the side of course but definately no changes in the main story.

Stalfos wrote:
    I can just see it now:
    Digitally Remastered Final Fantasy VII and a second disc with the making of... and deleted scenes from the games.
    Yeh, and the secret behind all the typo's, the deal with Aerith and a blooper reel

Well apart from new graphics they could play around with certain things like the Gold Saucer, chocobos and mini games. I loved the battle system but there could be room for subtle changes there too. The story most definitely shouldn't be editted in any major way, but there's a heck of a lot of mistranslations in the English version of the game that could be fixed, and they could add the odd side story and new dialogues here and there without effecting anything to central to the main story.

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭Niall - Dahlia

The original gameplay and story line, the graphics demonstrated in the technical demo, and the original soundtrack re-recorded with a full orchestra and choir...

*drool*

the original soundtrack re-recorded with a full orchestra and choir...

Oh yes most important!

There's not many games that the soundtrack is an integral part of the game but this is one of them. It's perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭The Free Man

the original soundtrack re-recorded with a full orchestra and choir...

*drool*

or maybe the black mages, for the final fantasy metal enthusiast :D

i would seroiusly like to see this game up and in production

• Advertisement

Also the blue text box's would most certainly have to be retained. If voices were to be introduced, even if they were top notch, would take a lot of the games spirit away.

And the full choir would certainly make a difference, the midi's for the game were great but there's always room for improvement in the audio field.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

Rhyme wrote:
    And the full choir would certainly make a difference, the midi's for the game were great but there's always room for improvement in the audio field.
    Blimey, I can just imagine the pants-crapping-ness of facing a nextgen graphic Sephiroth to the Reunion tracks version of One Winged Angel.

They already have redone One Winged Angel for Advent children. They'd probably use that in the remake too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭OY

I hope that you guys are right. I am playing it right now for the millionth time. If a remake was made that would be the coolest thing ever to happen. Can you imagine all of the scenes reproduced in next gen graphics.
    OMG OMG OMG!
    And as you guys have said, the sounds could be redone and that too would be sweet.
    Please Square, pleeeeeeease!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭BleakestH

I'd probably buy a PS3 just to play a remake of FFVII.

I saw somewhere mentioned that 3 spin-offs had been announced by Square. What other one/s are there apart from the Vincent led shooter and Advent children?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Citizen_Erased

Thats looks amazing and everything.
    But I am afraid to say there are to reasons I wouldnt buy it.
    The first is I will not , I repeat , will not buy a ps 3.
    Secondly , FFV11 was perfect , and that means that it will be incredibly difficult to match in a remake. It would take just the slightist change that wasnt needed
    to ruin almost the entire game. Also , just by looking at the screenshots and films tat have been released the game appears to have lost alot of its atmosphere through the new 3d backdrops etc. It is one of those things that is hard to put into words but , whatever was there just isnt.

Theres the one following the story of Zack called Crisis Core, the mobile phone game Before Crisis, Vincents game Dirge of Cerebus and the movie... quite the pimping.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭acri

Oh man I need to change my pants....
    steviec wrote:
    , a lot of the work has been done on the PS1 game

Ah ah ah, ALL of the work has been done on PS1. I dont want extra dialogue, new characters, voices, new scenes, any new plot twists, NOTHIN'! It just won't be the same. Well, a few extra cutscenes with The Turks wouldn't be so bad. Or Shinra. Or more on the history of Shinra and Sephiroth. And mabye a bit more detail on Zack. That bit confused the hell outta me. But apart from that, NOTHIN'!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Citizen_Erased

acri wrote:
    Ah ah ah, ALL of the work has been done on PS1. I dont want extra dialogue, new characters, voices, new scenes, any new plot twists, NOTHIN'! It just won't be the same.

But unfortunately that isnt going to happen . It is all going to be "hollywoodised".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭acri

But unfortunately that isnt going to happen . It is all going to be "hollywoodised".

I'm not so sure it will. I think Square realise what a gem FFVII is and will do nothing to taint it. That's what I keep telling myself anyway....

Advertisement