Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Final Fantasy on PS3?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Citizen_Erased

Or it could turn out to be the final bolt on their coffin?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

Id be reasonably sure that everyone who has a PS3 and had played any FF games would but it along with the fans of the genre

One of the best games of our time to fail? The following it already has is huge

I hadnt wholly intended to get a PS3 as such but if FFVii was remade i would buy one, not purely for the game obviously

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭acri

grimloch wrote:
    I hadnt wholly intended to get a PS3 as such but if FFVii was remade i would buy one, not purely for the game obviously

I most certainly would, but not when it retails at first for probably just over €300. The Nintendo "Revolution" is supposed to retail at about $200 (about €140) which is very interesting, considering they intend to revolutionise gaming.

Mmm ... Revolution ... If only we had a place to talk about it <cough cough>

Im just saying that i cant see the game being a loss in revenue considering the following it has, although i dont think ill be getting the PS3 on launhc date considering the exorbitant amount of money i handed over for the PS2

• Advertisement

Buy a Ps3 I will not , A big waste of money it is.

Besides I dont need it, this pc is a god . 3dmark05 ->10465

Well ok your pc is quite good, but would FFVII be released on the pc?

I might get a PS3, but not solely for one game although i might change my mind

Thats the thing , I dont think that it would get very far on a pc. You see its good on playstation because there is a general lack of excitement in games because of the controller system. You cant gat the likes of fps shooters on pcs on a ps2 because controllers cannot move quickly or accurately enough. Therefore Ps2 standards are low and game slike it can be accapted. Also genralyy speaking (of course there are exceptions to the rule) but final fantasy players having been on console all along would be too tarded to work the game properly or too shallow minded to try it. Existing proper pc user wouldnt buy it either because of the fact that it lacks the action that pcs can offer and generally games brought over from consoles are just terrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Infini

Be nice to the console gamers now will ya? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭acri

As far as excitment goes, I think console gaming wins hands down. Mainly because you need a rather powerful pc to play decent fps'. With the exception of Unreal Tournament (I don't like Quake), strategy games are the only source of decent gaming on the pc. But regarding FFVII, yep, it probably sucks on the pc. How did FFIX fare on the pc? I have heard NOTHING of it.

• Advertisement

Thats the thing , I dont think that it would get very far on a pc. You see its good on playstation because there is a general lack of excitement in games because of the controller system. You cant gat the likes of fps shooters on pcs on a ps2 because controllers cannot move quickly or accurately enough. Therefore Ps2 standards are low and game slike it can be accapted. Also genralyy speaking (of course there are exceptions to the rule) but final fantasy players having been on console all along would be too tarded to work the game properly or too shallow minded to try it. Existing proper pc user wouldnt buy it either because of the fact that it lacks the action that pcs can offer and generally games brought over from consoles are just terrible.

That's the point i was driving at, certain things belong in certain places and simple RPGs like FFVII belong on the console, i probably want clear about that, sorry.

FFVII on the PC is odd, the sound is weird and unless you have a controller it feels even odder.

Hence, if the game is remade the only place to play it will most likely be the PS3

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,402 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

More excitement in PC games? I think not. Go play gunstar heroes or devil may cry 3.

Retr0gamer wrote:
    More excitement in PC games? I think not. Go play gunstar heroes or devil may cry 3.

Play counterstrike , play unreal tournament , play battle field , play farcry , play doom. Play .. oh you get the point

Ps played dmc3-I spit on it games like that give an idea of simulated action where you press a short sequence of buttons and the character bounces around for half an hour. Real action comes direct through the mouse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

Play counterstrike , play unreal tournament , play battle field , play farcry , play doom. Play .. oh you get the point

Play any action game that isn't an FPS with a mouse and keyboard instead of a controller... I had Metal Gear Solid: Substance on the PC and it was unplayable with the controls available on PC. Emulators were crap until I got an adaptor to plug a PS2 joypad into my PC. Sports games on the PC were to be avoided too until I got that adaptor.

Also, I've played all those games you mentioned(well Far Cry in demo form) and the only one I found exciting was Unreal Tournament.

Anyway this is straying way off topic. I don't think Final Fantasy VII did badly on PC because it was an inferior game. It did badly on PC because it was a dodgy conversion and everyone who wanted it bought the superior Playstation version.

On that note was the sound very strange for people on the PC?

Plus i fond the controls for that game to be much more suited to a controller ala the playstation

Back on topic id really love a remake

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,402 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

grimloch wrote:
    On that note was the sound very strange for people on the PC?

Yep because they were in crappy midi instead of the superior playstation psf format. They also had the brilliant idea of cutting one winged angel out from the final battle.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Infini

Retr0gamer wrote:
    Yep because they were in crappy midi instead of the superior playstation psf format. They also had the brilliant idea of cutting one winged angel out from the final battle.

WHAT! :eek: Thats one of the best songs in the game how could they!

I didnt even know it existed on PC :confused: Hmm maybe it might be something to try(We have a ps2 controller adaptor so it would be just like home from home). But one thing though that really draws me to second rate games on pc that arent that great eg flashpoint , gtavc etc is the ability to mod them. So say if you where to buy it I'd say it wouldnt be to hard to make your own remake.

With regards to the comment about play anything that isnt a fps blah blah blah..

I do , I play nfsu2 only sveral times prettier , nba basketball only several times prettier , I play .... blah ...blah you get the point . Look stop this bickering right now.And I apologise because I probably started it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,457 ✭✭✭Blisterman

I hope the make this game so much. Final Fantasy 7 was the only one I ever got into.

Second hand copies of it are selling for surprisingly much at the moment. €30 or so, which is more than they cost 5 years ago.

I didnt even know it existed on PC :confused: Hmm maybe it might be something to try

Thats if you can find it. It's rarer than hens teeth.

• Advertisement

Might be able to find a torrent for it handy enough , I duno.

Its pretty hard to get it working? i remeber having people having to fouster with a patch to make the game think you wre using a voodoo 2 card or something....

and then i remmeber the thing being backwards, crazy things altogether

Easier to find the old playstation version on amazon or something,l only place ive seen it

Its easiest to get a chipped psone (unless you have a chipped ps2) dirt cheap or chip it yourself - super simple. Then get a hold of a copy and any pc with a cd burner can do the rest

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

One of my cousin's friends had it on the PC. It worked fine up to the battle in the shinra building lift early in the game, where the cursor just freaked out, moving constantly.

Crucifix wrote:
    One of my cousin's friends had it on the PC. It worked fine up to the battle in the shinra building lift early in the game, where the cursor just freaked out, moving constantly.

Not too many stories of it working well on the PC, much safer on the playstation
    Really hope its remade

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Ive got it on the pc and it works fine and dandy... cutscenes didnt work at first but i restarted it and they've never failed since. Its exactly the same as the PS version and XP patches are available and make it work great.

Must get myself a controller though as using the keys is a bit annoying.

Im looking into an emulator right now , Ill report back with info.

Dint seem to work , probably not goin to . Needs alot of work probably to get it to go. Be a problem finding a rom of it too and it would be huge.

Like i was saying my friend had a bit of trouble getting the game going, with the discs he had to install windows 98 and some graphics business was involved aswell, well worth the hassle though in the end

Best of luck getting it going

Im on about an emulator not the pc game. But i doubt it would work very easily either.

I do however, know a great way to get FFVII and not be in anyway disappointed . My idea is that ... The ps3 will be backwards compatible :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

I got an emulator (ePSXe, i think) working just fine with it yesterday. There are some stutters at the start of FMV scenes but otherwise it runs ok.

Advertisement