Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Final Fantasy on PS3?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Citizen_Erased

Yeah ePSXe was the one , it jut crashed its heart on my machine wot you running? We got Xp which isnt mentioned anywhere. Its amazing how people like nintendo can make an origional game from an origional gameboy work in the latest ds but microsoft cant even make something work on the same computer just with a slightly newer running version. A nu nuu nu, dur

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,401 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

You will need a patch to make it work in hardware mode but it still looks nice in high res in software mode. Another problem is if you have a Nvidia card. You will get awful tiling effects on the prerendered backgrounds. It takes a lot of fiddling around and tweaking to get it to work properly. It probably is better to use an emulator.

Retr0gamer wrote:
    You will need a patch to make it work in hardware mode but it still looks nice in high res in software mode. Another problem is if you have a Nvidia card. You will get awful tiling effects on the prerendered backgrounds. It takes a lot of fiddling around and tweaking to get it to work properly. It probably is better to use an emulator.

So what you said there is about the actual pc game ?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,401 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

So what you said there is about the actual pc game ?

Yep. Although the tiling issues with nvidia cards might be a problem on an emulator as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

Was that the instance where you have to make the game think you have a voodoo 2 card or something to that effect

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 244 ✭✭tails2

not sure if this was true or not but when ff7 first came out and i was playing it i heard a rumour that after Aerith dies that there was supposed to be a way of bringing her back to life. i also heard that this was cut because there was not enough time to do this by the game completion deadline and there fore when the game was released it was not in it. it was something to do with going back to the guy who lived in the pipe near her home... any one have a clue how much truth this contains????

Yeah , I put that one forward back a couple of pages , but its seems only me and you are the only ones who believe it.

Yeah , I put that one forward back a couple of pages , but its seems only me and you are the only ones who believe it.

To be honest i've never seen it working or heard of it working, I doubt it does though, although im not too far off the place so I might give it a shot.

Has anyone got that far in the pc version to tell if there is anything about it in that.

As far as im aware, you cant bring back AEris in any version Japanese or Amercian. I'm aware this contradicts myself earlier.

• Advertisement

mmm, I see , so it really is only based on that tard in the tube. He seems asthough he must serve some purpose though , not just to babble all day long.

mmm, I see , so it really is only based on that tard in the tube. He seems asthough he must serve some purpose though , not just to babble all day long.

Am I missing something?

Right , I am bad with names , but that place in midgar where Aeris has the house. They guy in the tube just near the entrance of that wee town in a big cylinder type house. He supposidly would revive aeris.

That went over my head, I remember him, he just sat there groaning, never figured out his purpose in the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Kio

he was ment to be zack and a playable charater it was ment that you would revive him and he would join your party and arith was never ment to die but zack was and since they were running short of time with the games release they scraped zack and killed of arith i can't remember where i read it so when i find it i will put up link

I cant believe that unfortunately , because just changing to Aeris being killed would take more time than to finish than as it was. It wouldnt just be a case of just changing the Fmv or something , Aeris would have to written out of everything after that , every Fmv remade , Zacks story would have to re constructed .The run up would have to be rewritten. Zacks character engine / limit breaks and stuff would go down the pan aswell as every relevant weapon to him would have to go. It would involve almost starting from scratch to do.

It would be like starting again, redoing dialogue and all the stuff citizen mentioned. It would have taken longer to take them out instead of putting them in unless this was done at not a late stage.

But if it was done at not a late stage how did they think they were running out of time?

Oops, yeah then that definately doesn't make sense, it would take far longer to remove two characters than to leave them in for all the aforementioned reasons.
    Although I do think the tunnel guy has some purpose.

Definately , but the reviving Aeris is the more plausible of the two possibilities. Who knows a remake ould reveal all. But , haviong said that , its nice to have a little mystery to think about.

• Advertisement

Reviving Aeris might be considered too much tinkering with the story for some people. Although I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't find it interesting.

I think adding aeris to the already huge task of maybe recreating FFVII would be a bit much though. They might not bother seeing as they have the captive audience already.

Yeah , at what point might you be able to revive her , me wonders?

That's what might make it hard to do. It's hard to think of a suitable place to bring her back and make it worthwhile to the story.

I can't really think of any places off the top of my head. Something near the lifestream bit maybe.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 244 ✭✭tails2

ok now as i said when i brought the topic up that this has been in my head since the game came out but since i cleared it back then and never played it again my memory of certain things might not be accurate... ok but here goes. as far as i remember i ran into a place that where houses you could go into. they had a wierd mushroom kind of shape i think. they had blue lights i think and if you chose them something wierd would happen. like a dialogue box appearing with something in it about this but i honestly cant remember accurately cant even re,member what was said in the dialogue box. something about needing something...god damned why cant i remember... anyone have a clue what i am talking about????

Zack was never meant to be a playable character and I seriously doubt Aerth could be brought back to life. All the evidence is in the original japanese release of the game. The programmers never cleaned up the code so everything that was cut from the game is included on the disc and can be hacked into with an action replay. There's lots of materia that never made it and there's even the debug room that the programmers use. The most interesting thing is that there was supposed to be another character that look like the imp from FFVI. He was in very early screenshots and also on the japanese version his character protrait appeared as your save game art randomly.

I remember that imp guy from VI, took a fair amount of rig-a-ma-roll to get him if I recall too. Never got it working for me.

I wonder if they remade it would they put in this extra stuff?

That is the question that has been asked all along. We should just start a wishlist or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

That is the question that has been asked all along. We should just start a wishlist or something.
    Or a petition... bleh

The amount of suspense this fiasco has created....
    It'd be a hoot if the game wasn't remade.

Just after having another look at that video, I would really really really love it to be done. I think it would be fantastic.

EDIT:
    Or a petition... bleh
    The amount of petitions going around is unbelievable.

• Advertisement

I propose a petition to have the silly petitions destroyed immediately.

Jeez Christo , how did this get to a 7th page.

Advertisement