Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Putting aide

• 09-06-2005 7:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭

Hey all my putting is quite frankly diabolical. I've read all the books watched all the videos and know how to putt in theory(e.g. tempo, same distance back and through, keeping the head down yadda yadda). the problem is when I get on the course(which as of yet is only par 3 :( ) even the easiest of putts scare me as I feel I will miss them.

My question is can anyone recommend a good putting aide to help me. I know argos used to do a cheap putting green but they dont do it anymore and any i've seen on the net have been horribly priced pieces of crap (not to mention the shipping costs). Does anyone know where I can get one of those also? into the bargain I have bloody wooden floors in the house so I cant use the old glass drill(bloody women and their decor :mad: ). Can anyone help? Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 728 ✭✭✭randomfella

might be obvious. BUt the putting green. SPend a good bit of time there before your game. Take your time when u putt. Golf is all psychological.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Putting green and let me give you tips. This time last year i was the worst putter around, i was gross, now im rarely 3 putting.

1) Short putts : Keep your head down and those simple tap ins. Ever find you miss then by pulling them round the lip? It is because you are peeking up to see, and it lifts your body. So on those short tap ins, keep a delayed head down over the ball.

2) Grip the club like a dieing bird. Gentle, softly. Dont grab the putter, you gently hold it for feel.

3) Get low down over your putter. Grip down low on the shaft to get closer to the putt for better feel.

4) The most common problem with people is the read. Try to read the curve. I always hear people saying" 2 balls out" or " 2 cups out" but in fact if you actually hit the ball straight on that call you will miss. Its all about reading the curve. Aim your feet at the projected line and hit.

5)Before a putt, slightly tilt the putter foward. Ever putter has like a 6* loft. Slightly slanting the putter gives better roll. Also try keep the putter low to the ground

6) Get a grip and routine that keeps the putter smooth and straight through impact, this reduces pulls and pushes.

7)Always try to land long putts withtin a dustbin lid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Running Bing

Cheers for the tips lads. I think its mostly a concentration thing with me though and the only way you can get over that is practice I suppose. Thanks.

Advertisement