Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What driver?, Best place to take lessons?

• 09-06-2005 8:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭

I getting into my golf and have a couple of questions.
    Im in the market for a new driver has anyone used the ERC Fusion driver, is it much better than the 454?

What are the pros and cons of steel, carbon, graphite, ect shafts on irons?

I'm looking to take some lessons, I want to go to a club for lessons and play a few holes, My friend did it in citywest and said it was good, has anyone any recomendations (Im in dublin could travel to kildare)

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭okden

What are the pros and cons of steel, carbon, graphite, ect shafts on irons?
    Cheers

graphite normaly used in irons to make the club weigh lighter, gets you a bit more clubhead speed, there normaly 1/2" longer too, so you gain about 5ish yards a club, a good set should have different spec shafts in long irons aswell to help you get 3 irons airborne, yonex are best makers of irns with graphite shafts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,836 ✭✭✭Trampas

Shafts in clubs depends on your swing speed.

If you swing fast got for steel shafts in your irons.

graphite more for slow swingers.

What is your budget for clubs??

if you are determined to keep at the game you should get your swing measured. Golf works do this so you get best shafts for your swing.

Cavity back iron heads you should go for

Advertisement