Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Paper 2 (O)

Options
  • 09-06-2005 9:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭

is only worth 19%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭Fortinbras'

is only worth 19%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Exactly! **** it

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

yeh, which I think is good if you don't know the poetry and stories, but really shockingily bad in the terms of balance to the papers.

if you complete the reading texts on paper one and get full marks you've practically got the same marks as getting full marks in paper 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

sexy. didn't know that. I suck at p2 so its all good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭Fortinbras'

TimAy wrote:
    sexy. didn't know that. I suck at p2 so its all good.

What is in P2??

is it a seen story, and then is there anothe story??
    and the same for poems

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Cutie18Ireland

first questions is 2 questions on two stories to do one!
    2nd question get 3 stories do one!
    3rd question get 2 poems do one
    4th question is one poem with a choice of 2 questions to do one!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭jacksie

jeez im not even gonna turn up

jacksie wrote:
    jeez im not even gonna turn up

LMAO. Good idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Just discovered this myself now!, this is crazy. It is just as wel i didn't bother studying for the poetry. Its worth only 18.3 actually, 82% of the paper completed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭thegloriousend

Jaypers - thats excellent news. 18% or sleep in tomorrow and feel better for the rest of the exams.... hmm.
    Anyone else not been able to get sleep? All my friends havn't

anyone tell me what exactly is looking likely. I should do SOMETHING at least

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭inflight

This is quite reassuring, I got 18.3 recurring too, checked it cos I thought it was too good to be true!! And to think I was worried about it, I rarely went to class, don't have the pass book, but only dropped in December so I'm not sweating tomorrow, fluke it all the way..! Better go read up on some stuff though, can't have an empty pass answer book, that'd be embarrassing:p

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Teslacuted

Unbelievable, our teacher made out that it was worth around 33%, I'm seriously considering not turning up, I have 9 subjects and Irish is my worst.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

TimAy wrote:
    anyone tell me what exactly is looking likely. I should do SOMETHING at least
    I don't know what's coming up but people are saying that Davitt's "Faoilean" will not feature on the paper as he has been found be too friendly with kids if you catch my drift.

LMAO. What a classic reason for not being on the paper. Good luck to the teachers telling the past 5th years, why he's not coming back their year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭Zukustious

The great thing about paper 2 is that the only thing you have to learn stuff for is the stories, cause the poems are written on the paper. So actually, if you don't bother working for the stories, you've only sacrificed 9%. Tomorrow's gonna be grand!

400th post. Deadly!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭*Angel*

... was a joke...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

Finished after 40 minutes but walked home because it was a nice day.

The questions were handy, if only I knew the stories and poems better. Still, did better than expected.

Yeah I did clann lir but I couldn't remember any of the names of the people so it was pretty messy, but an ok paper, I should've maybe studied and got those few extra marks, ah well! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭chillywilly

i couldnt remember the names either! i couldnt even remember the irish word for spell!

i wrote about 10 lines in total for all of the poetry!

ah well, im off for the weekend now so i dont give a rats! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

If you don't repeat (or do an Irish course in college), you are now finished ****ING 'Gaeilge' forever.

Take a moment to appreciate that now.

• Advertisement

Yey :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭inflight

Such a sweet paper, 40 minutes at a push!! Lovely longer weekend than everyone else:) Although Treall caught me offguard but I rambled about the fhardoras... No more Irish EVER!!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭EdgarAllenPoo

It certainly wasn't as easy as paper two but I think that combined with P1 and the aural and oral and I do fine.

Advertisement