Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Economics - are you ready

Options
  • 09-06-2005 9:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭

Are you ready for this exam,
    what do you think will come up?
    what shoul di study?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭EdgarAllenPoo

Christ I'm not ready for that but luckily I have a full week off before it to study. I have no idea what will come up and I'm just hoping for a bare pass because I'm crap at economics.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭padser

Are you ready for this exam,
    what do you think will come up?
    what shoul di study?

in fairness there isnt much that can come up, you need 4 long questions right???
    1)elasticity
    2)market forms
    3)Utility
    4)FOP

IMHO you would be very unlucky if at least 3 of them didnt come up as long questions

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 The King

i was just wonderin if anyone got good tips for the french written section?did anyone of your teachers seem sure that a certain TOPICAL issue would come up?i know about the journal,letter etc,im more intersted in hearin about drugs racism etc.cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭Fortinbras'

The King wrote:
    i was just wonderin if anyone got good tips for the french written section?did anyone of your teachers seem sure that a certain TOPICAL issue would come up?i know about the journal,letter etc,im more intersted in hearin about drugs racism etc.cheers.

What the hell are you posting here for??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 rose**

i have a week to study the whole course.lord i hope i can do it!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19 shelleEire

iv a whole week too its great! id say elasticity, factors of prod, demand n supply are dead certain.. i better learn em! the short questions are so hard... il never be ready for them.. how are u supposed to no everyone of them like! il probly take it easy the week b4 and panic the day b4 the exam.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭oq4v3ht0u76kf2

Our teacher, although she's a mighty wagon, spent a couple of weeks after the mocks going through every short question from the last 10 years - it was really helpful!

Thinking about it, there's 9 short questions on the paper so that makes 90 over the last ten years. Factoring in repetition the real figure is probably closer to 70. So learn 10 a day starting now and you have plenty of time!

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭sillisome fiend

Bob did you go to ashfield college this year? sounds exactly like what my teacher done after the mocks...she is also a mighty wagon!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭oq4v3ht0u76kf2

Nope... St. Paul's in Raheny... it would appear wagon Economics teachers are rampant.

She was one of those people who decided that if you had a headache she had to have a fscking brain tumour. Felt the entire world was against her and depended on her. Twat. God I'd hate to be her neighbour, if ever anyone was a typical example of 'keeping up with the Joneses' it is that wagon. Knows her stuff though which is the main thing I guess. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭pingu_girl

its my last exam and ive a full week off before this but im planing going out wensday night as most my freinds will be finished so no study thursday or very little then im off to dublin for the weekend no study again then ill prolly be too sleepy on monday but ill have 2 days to prepair :D learn all short questions from the past 10 years our teacher told us that also if you do that youll more than likely get the 6 out of 9 best thing is to try n answer em all. imperfect compition or perfect compition is tiped in market structures either supply or demand or both WILL come up oh and elastisity might get a miss this year. btw i failed my pre by 2 marks which is only a 1/2% made me determined to kick ass in this test

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭sillisome fiend

I failed by 13% in the mocks and plan on getting an A because I have a week off afteer history. 8 hours study everyday should do the trick considering I done nothing for the mocks. I want to show that wagon that I'm not AS dumb as she thinks. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭:Keith:

I got 45% in the Mocks. I was very annoyed with myself but I'm sure I'll do alot better on the 22nd. Besides, I'm a full day to study before the exam and I've already gone through the course in school, revised and gone through the course at home last week and I'll go through it again before the exam.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Camogie Playa

tis fine for some!!.........
    i got 55% in my pres considering it was just recalling info from previous classes because id no study done for it!im really fecked for it this time though cos this is the actual thing!and i absolutely despise the subject

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭Fortinbras'

I had given up on the subject 'cause i have a lousy teacher, but got 75% so am going to start studying for wed.

I know the feeling. I was really put off the subject by my teacher. She was extremely boring. I was going to get out of the class and study by myself but I was an extra hour and twenty sleep on a Monday morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭the smiley one

I've got the best teacher ever! love the subject! She's really neurotic, like can't think if someone is even tapping a pen....but she's really cool; get to talk about interesting stuff in the class and we had the course finished (all but 1 chapter) before the mocks...I got 93% in the mocks, so hoping I can reproduce...I've got Chemistry right before it though....'mare!!! Apparently it's really hard to get high grades in it! (our mocks were marked by our teacher, but she's a former marker...I think...)

:)

Sick for ya' there but I'm sure you'll do fine anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 shelleEire

thanks bob ... that advice on learnin some everyday btween now n the exam mite work. ya i hear its hard to get an A in it. our teacher was soo boring. we had economics first class on a monday morning and there wasnt one morning i wasnt late... (or didnt come in) n she didnt even mind (well a bit maybe) we had such a laugh in that class.. no one really took the subject serious. altho i got 69% in them mock.. delighted with dat.. a B in the real ting wud be lovely!!
    its a boring subject but alot have a week b4 the exam to revise soo... good luck to every1!!.. itl be tough this year.. it was an easy paper last year so they plan to make it harder.

Advertisement