Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kicking ass in Maths paper 2:

Options
  • 09-06-2005 10:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭

Right I'm seperating this from the maths thread because you have to stop fretting over it, it'll do you no good. Paper two is not that bad if you look at it a certain way.

If you're doing it over the weekend and trying to get as much done as possible, consider that by doing the Probability and Statistics chapter and the Trig chapter you basically have 4/6 things covered.

Then do a load of your option question from the past papers. You now are left with a fine choice between the circle, the line and vectors. It's best to cover at least two of these.

For anyone doing probability:
    http://www.yale.edu/ynhti/curriculum/units/1987/5/87.05.02.x.html

Some quick exercises:
    http://www.cut-the-knot.org/probability.shtml (links are at the bottom of the page)
    http://www.benbest.com/science/theodds.html

Good luck, let's take a bite and spit it out

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭*Angel*

Good attitude :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

good advice, i plan we f*** them over by all getting a1++++ in Paper 2. Im so tempted to write a note at the end of p2 giving out about p1. Of course, this would probably void my entire leaving so probably not worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭*Angel*

Lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 Murv

yeah. thats the spirit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

Oh man, i hope i do the shiznit in P2....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 939 ✭✭✭chicken_food

No doubt you will, a **** p.1 just makes you want to work and try even harder in p.2. Its the kick up the ass we all needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,711 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

TimAy wrote:
    good advice, i plan we f*** them over by all getting a1++++ in Paper 2. Im so tempted to write a note at the end of p2 giving out about p1. Of course, im a little bit scared in case the corrector takes a disliking to me
    ColHol reads between the lines! :D:D:p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

ColHol wrote:
    ColHol reads between the lines! :D:D:p

lol. I'll put it at the end, so all the correcting has been done.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

Good plan. Paper 2 is the easier of the two anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭BraveheartGal

i find paper 1 easier of the two
    i hate the application of trig
    with passion

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭:Keith:

Got to agree with you there. There's something about Paper 2 that just annoys me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭BraveheartGal

i think paper 1, if you mess around with the question you can get it out or at least get close

but with paper 2 you have to know exactly what youre doin,like you have to know exactly how to start the question

i know im not makin much sense
    basically you can bulls*** your way thru paper 1 and pick up marks
    but not so much in p1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 Murv

paper 2 has always been my weakest. but then again dfferentiation was always my favourite question. and look how that turned out.

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭sock.rocker*

i always thought p2 was ****.. but lookin at it now, circle and vectors are alright, trig is normally good and Q6 always has difference equation..

5 good questions there and then ur option

Advertisement