Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW pull plug on Bora

Options
  • 09-06-2005 11:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,377 ✭✭✭

VW are pulling the plug on the BORA and bringing back the JETTA in 2006

Personally I think VW are doing the right thing....looks well IMO
    :cool:
    Read the Article
    CBG.ie

j5_750.jpg

002__scaled_600_038.jpg

004__scaled_600_021.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Alfasudcrazy

Yes that looks nice - should be a big seller ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

Looks like the new focus saloon, or a honda accord

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Eh the Jetta name is still used for the states.. So these could be pics for the American market?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 ✭✭✭Curran

Eh the Jetta name is still used for the states.. So these could be pics for the American market?

I know that........but if you read the article from cbg.ie.....you'd be a lil clearer on the matter!

Im sure that there are going to be a few changes for the European market......ie. some of them will be RHD :D .....and a few other smaller changes!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭30-6shooter

Thats does look nice allright. But is that a 2.5L engine badge i see on the bk. Hmmmmm, i know the 1.4L current bora engine is supposed to be a td slow at 74horses for a heavy car but them americans must be right fat bastards altogether if they need a 2,5L engine for that market of a car.

• Advertisement

Thats does look nice allright. But is that a 2.5L engine badge i see on the bk. Hmmmmm, i know the 1.4L current bora engine is supposed to be a td slow at 74horses for a heavy car but them americans must be right fat bastards altogether if they need a 2,5L engine for that market of a car.

LOL........they sure are.....well most of them :D

The engines available when its released in Ireland in '06 are:

1.6-litre FSI.........115 lil horsies under the bonnet!
    2.0-litre FSI.........150
    2.0-litre T-FSI......200
    1.9-litre TDI.........105
    2.0-litre TDI.........140

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

The same as the Vento and Bora before it, just a Golf with a boot. Looks like they stuck the rear of the new Passat onto the back of the Golf.

Resale values of the Jetta/Vento and Bora always seem to be lower than the equivilant Golf especially when a new model comes out.

IMO they should stick with just calling it the Golf saloon like nearly all other makers do with the saloon varient of their compact hatchbacks.

I think VW have confirmed that the Jetta name is going to be used across Europe.

bazz26 wrote:
    I think VW have confirmed that the Jetta name is going to be used across Europe.
    They certainly have!

Curran wrote:
    LOL........they sure are.....well most of them :D

The engines available when its released in Ireland in '06 are:

1.6-litre FSI.........115 lil horsies under the bonnet!
    2.0-litre FSI.........150
    2.0-litre T-FSI......200
    1.9-litre TDI.........105
    2.0-litre TDI.........140

There will more than likely be 1.4 75bhp and 1.6 100bhp versions also otherwise it will clash with the new Passat which starts at €25,500 for the 1.6 FSI.

• Advertisement

By the way this is the new Passat:

Wow they look like twins!
    Much the same as the New Focus Saloon and the Mondeo!

Id imagine the Passat is going to be a fair bit bigger....ie in length!

bazz26 wrote:
    There will more than likely be 1.4 75bhp and 1.6 100bhp versions also otherwise it will clash with the new Passat which starts at €25,500 for the 1.6 FSI.

I would have thought that too....but according to cbg.ie there will be 5 engines......3 petrol and 2 deisel!

But who are they to know...they aint VW :D

I think CBG get there info from the UK press. The smallest engine over there in the Jetta probably would be the 1.6 but with the way the tax and insurance system works here, aside from the diesels the 1.4 petrol would be the biggest seller like the Golf.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭528i

*wow* It looks like a golf.. with a boot. and sat-nav by the looks of things,- huge progress since 1983.

It will be boring, dull and lifeless, so will obviously be quite popular in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭Squirrel

At least some thought went into the design of this car, unlike the last one. Just looking at the pics of the Passat, did anyone see the estate version in the Times on Wednesday, I think it looks good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭ds20prefecture

Squirrel wrote:
    At least some thought went into the design of this car, unlike the last one.

What thought? Would it be:

"Wolfgang, zees americans just won't buy enough Golfs - was gibt?"
    "Just schtick a boot on, ja, if zey don't buy it some farmers in Ireland will!"
    "What should ze boot look like?"
    "Mein Gott! So many questions! Use ze one from ze Passat"
    "Sehr gut - will we offer it in 1.6 40hp diesel form und ze crappy torsion beam suspension?"
    "But of course!"

If I want a boring VAG car, I will buy, and have bought, a Škoda.
    Funnily (hilariously?) enough:

The Škoda Octavia Estate has become the “Most Beautiful Car of the Year” in the Czech Republic. This decision was taken by TV viewers during a live coverage of a gala evening broadcast on the TV Prima television station on the eve of an official opening ceremony at the Brno Motor Show. It was record-breaking 426,373 viewers and website readers that took part in the poll.

The Škoda Octavia Estate won a total of 46,084 valid votes ahead of the Ferrari F430 (24,542 votes), the Peugeot 407 SW (21,670 votes), the BMW 6 (21,313 votes), the Brabus SLK K4 (19,025 votes), and the Volkswagen Passat (18,084 votes). Thirty-two car makes had been nominated for the poll.

The “Most Beautiful Car of the Year” title is not the first award the new Octavia has captured. Last November, an international panel of judges including architects, critics and artists awarded the “Most Beautiful Automobile of the Year 2004” title to the Škoda Octavia in Milan.

In the Czech Republic, the Škoda Octavia became the “Car of the Year 2005” and acquired the prestigious “National Design Award”. The Octavia is also the “Car of the Year” prize winner in Finland, Lithuania, Bulgaria, Serbia and Montenegro, and in Ukraine. Moreover, it gained the “Golden Wheel” award in Germany and the “Family Car of the Year 2005” prize in England. On top of that, having won the Czech national round of an “Auto 1” poll, the Škoda Octavia was ranked second overall in the All-European “Auto 1” final easily winning the engineers category.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭Gatster

All continuing the trend of moving certain models 'upmarket' - charge more for little/nothing else and try to blag everyone that by adding a boot it's now a 'junior executive' car, or some other marketing crap.

The new Passat is apparantly massive. I was in a Skoda Superb 2.5Tdi with Leather etc. in France a couple of weeks back and it was like being in a Limo, there was so much space in the back. Boo Hiss, cars don't need to be getting bigger, unless it's to accomodate a portion of the market that consider themselves increasingly larger...

Rant Over.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

First Pic looks like the old Avensis, all the new cars look so similar anyway.

Advertisement