Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

ICE - Not IN CAR ENT!!

Options
  • 10-06-2005 5:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,377 ✭✭✭

Guys if ya have 5mins and 30 seconds to spare....check this link out!
    Bet the insurance company is glad someone had this on camera!
    Imagine trying to sort the claims out with the video footage!

You hit me, then that car hit my car into your car and then that BMW hit the ambulance and then it hit your car........LOL.....its GREAT :D

Highly Comical

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 ✭✭✭Curran

Found this a few minutes later!

Check out the idiots trying to slow thier cars down my bailing out and holding onto it!

Absolutely Fantasic :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭fletch

Again, what format are these vids? Won't play on my machine

Got it....it's .wmv.....jus had to save it down to me machine

WFT!? Did someone spill a gallon of oil on the road or summit? It's amazing to see how all those modern driver aids couldn't stop them plowing into each other. And those idiot Americans just sit in their cars even after watching multiple cars crash into each other.....I woulda been jumping outta my car.....and like why didn't the guys films get out with a warning triangle after the first guy hit!? Thickos :confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭ando

see that second vid, idiots just lock their wheels and hope for the best...?? should've of been releasing the brakes to try get some sort of turning ability

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

liked the technic of the volvo driver...how bad is that E46 coupe!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭IANOC

feckin funny vid

love the beemer hitting the neenaw

they didnt even get out to check the damage after :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Yeah, you have to admire the mentality of the guys that sit there recording stuff like this, instead of, you know, doing something about it. Humanity continues to impress.

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 65,401 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

ciarsd wrote:
    liked the technic of the volvo driver...how bad is that E46 coupe!

Second that!

WTF are those people doing climbing out of their car in the second clip? Muppets :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

Cool, looks like whoever is filming laid a deadly trap. I know I would have done something about it. I liked the way the Volvo drive kept it in control.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭halkar

Looks like they haven't invented chains in US yet :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭IANOC

halkar wrote:
    Looks like they haven't invented chains in US yet :D

or brains

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭528i

I'm guessing the volvo has stability control ? Half those yank tanks didn't even have abs, not that it would have hindered any boards.ie members had they encountered a similar situation mind ;)

Hats off to the budding steven spielberg all the same (assuming he laid diesel and cleverly blamed the ice)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

If you look closely you will see they are on a flyover.
    Flyovers and bridges are especially suceptible to ice as they freeze from below as well as above.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 ✭✭✭Curran

Anyone notice that the neenaw had a flashing arrow on for ages, directing oncoming traffic straight into trouble!........Think had the idiot got the arrow pointing in the correct direction it might have saved a car or two! :rolleyes:

The BMW that hit the neenaw was lucky it didnt puncture its petrol tank! Imagine that! :p

Never mind the guy that was filming it!........why didnt the idiots, that crashed first, not run up the road and warn the oncoming traffic!.......oh yeah....cos they are lazy american ba$tards! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭astec123

Its a good clip and not the first time I have seen it. You look at the ambulance as the BMW hits it and it doesnt move and the bemer just bounces like a ping pong ball.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭thatkindofgirl

take it easy guys -- it's not that easy to drive on that kind of ice. I've never seen ice like that in Ireland, but saw it regularly in Canada where I'm from.

Some of those morons were speeding and that was their problem -- others didn't have ABS... all the cars looked quite old, and the freak with the arrow didn't help.

I've landed in snowbanks more times than is probably healthy, but when it's black ice, and it's there 5 or 6 months of the year, you just have to get on with things and hope.

If there was that kind of ice on the M50, it'd be carnage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Ernie Ball

fletch wrote:
    And those idiot Americans just sit in their cars even after watching multiple cars crash into each other.....I woulda been jumping outta my car.....

Uh, that would be most unwise. Cars are sliding all over the place so you want to be out of your car where one can slide into you?

The guy who does get out of his car is a moron. He could easily have been squeezed between his own car and the one he hit by another car crashing into them both.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

If there was that kind of ice on the M50, it'd be carnage.
    There were loads of crashes on the M50 on Christmas morning. (24 IIRC)

Advertisement