Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

paying taxes

Options
  • 10-06-2005 8:22am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

As a director of Private Limited Company when do I have to pay corporation tax, can I do it once a year or is it better to pay it more often? When do I have to pay VAT, once a year ?

gyaala

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Einstein

trust me, its soooo much less complicated if you pay the VAT bi-monthly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 647 ✭✭✭fintan

You need to talk to your account about coporation tax as you need to prepay it, i dont really understand the way it works so i wont explain, but seriously go talk to an account.

As for VAT as divers said, pay bi-monthly, as it helps you to keep on top of your paperwork.

I would also recommend the revenue on line service for filing returns, it saves so much paperwork its fantastic!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 gyaala

when do I have to pay Income tax (PAYE) and PRSI ?

gyaala

• Registered Users Posts: 3,774 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

gyaala wrote:
    when do I have to pay Income tax (PAYE) and PRSI ?

gyaala

monthly

you really need to get some professional advice mate, you can land yourself with some serious finanical headaches without it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

gyaala wrote:
    As a director of Private Limited Company when do I have to pay corporation tax, can I do it once a year or is it better to pay it more often? When do I have to pay VAT, once a year ?

Corporation Tax - an estimated 10% of your liability has to be paid a month before your year end,then 60% of the liablility 6 months after the year end,then the balance 9 months after the year end.

VAT - You can pay either bi-monthly or yearly. If you want yearly then you'll have to request it with the revenue and you'll need to set a direct debit up with them for each month. On a bi-monthly,you need to send the return in before the 19th of the following month ie. for your jan/feb period, it needs to be sent in by the 19th march,with a cheque for the liability.

If you have any other questions on this, just ask, my fee is €50/hour :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Nuttzz wrote:
    monthly

you really need to get some professional advice mate, you can land yourself with some serious finanical headaches without it

Agreed. A good accountant is worth his weight in gold simply from the fact he saves you so much time and hassle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

nesf wrote:
    Agreed. A good accountant is worth his weight in gold simply from the fact he saves you so much time and hassle.

Eh Hello,you got one right here!!!

Advertisement