Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new driveway

Options
  • 10-06-2005 9:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭

Hi,
    has anyone put down their own driveway before?
    I was thinking of putting down those coloured little stones (pebbles?).
    Just wondering about the order of tasks. Few inches of gravel first then whack it, then a layer of sand (whacked?), then weedblock? then the pebbles (whacked).

Do you put in the kerbing first or would it be better afterwards?

Paul

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I wouldn't advise the gravel. I have it and its a pain in the neck. You can't sweep it, the only way to clean/ clear dead leaves, twigs etc .. is down on your hands and knees. I haven't tried one of those garden vaccum cleaners - cause they'd probably such up the stones too.

I'd go cobble-lock .. safer

• Registered Users Posts: 78,436 ✭✭✭✭Victor

You mean a leaf blower?

Didn't realise you could get such a thing as a "leaf blower".

Thats a good tip .. thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

bubby wrote:
    Didn't realise you could get such a thing as a "leaf blower".

Thats a good tip .. thanks!

Just wondering then if you actually thought people used Vaccuum cleaners in their gardens?

B.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,163 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

BaZmO* wrote:
    Just wondering then if you actually thought people used Vaccuum cleaners in their gardens?

B.
    Nope, you can get garden vacs to suck up all the crap.
    They use them in golf clubs all the time.

• Advertisement

BaZmO* wrote:

B.

They sell them in B & Q so I hope you wouldn't be the type to use it on the carpet! ;)

Advertisement