Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bloody Banks...!!

Options
  • 10-06-2005 9:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭

I just set-up as a sole trader and started a registered business in March. I've been trying to get a business loan and purchasing card (Visa/Mastercard) from Ulster Bank for weeks now and it's really starting to piss me off. I rang them and they said over the phone that all was ok, I would get a loan no problem. But it's been weeks since I first talked to them and I haven't received anything in the post. I mean how long can it take to put a stamp on an envelope and stick it in the post.

This is such a slow way to do business in this day and age. They post the forms (few days/weeks gone by), I fill out the forms and post them back (few days more wasted), and then wait for money to be transferred (you guessed, more days gone by!). The worst thing is, they told me this morning that the card will take a further 3 weeks to proccess once all forms are sent back in and checked. What the F@#k?

How naive was I to believe I could make the call, get the loan, get the card, and buy my (badly needed now!) laptop all within 1 week. I hear you all screaming - Dream On Boy!!

Anyone any positive experiences with banks? I'm sure if my turnover was 500k from day one they would have a 'suit' around to me in no time, but hey, that's life! Is it?

Advertisement