Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage Max 80%

Options
  • 10-06-2005 10:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭

Does anyone know why lenders in the Rep.Ireland will only give a mortgage max of 80% if you wish to buy a proprity in the North?

I'm from the north but been living in Dublin of over 10 years. But since it is near impossible of a single person to buy proprity in the south, I thought I'll try up north. But I've been trying to get a mortgage in all the major banks in the south and 80% is the best they can come up with.

Has anyone else been in this situation?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Einstein

80% sounds like very little,
    IIB homeloans give 90% on re-mortgages, but not sure about initial mortgages.
    PTSB gave me 90% loan for my house 2 years ago and I'm single!

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭ktoal

Did you buy your house in the North?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭Merrion

Because the usual credit risk associated with a home loan is compounded by a currency movement risk between sterling and euro so the bank wants you to share more of that risk.

Advertisement