Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommendations required

Options
  • 10-06-2005 10:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭

Im looking for upgrade recomendation for my system
    Ive got;
    Antec PLUSVIEW 1000AMG case
    AMD Athlon 64bit 3400+(Standard Cooling) with 2 case fans
    Asus K8v Deluxe Motherboards
    1.5 gig of Kingston Pc3200 ram 3x512
    160gig ide Western digital Cavier(upgrading to 2x Western Digital Raptors in Raid 0
    Old Geforce Card (Dont play games so i cant justify €€€ on graphics)
    Using on board sound dont need anything else
    Im going to be using this machine for general use, web surfing, DVD burning, DivX and Mpeg encoding
    Just wondering has anybody got any recomendations for it im thinking the 2 rators in raid 0 will cure my access speeds and load times my only real complaint and im going to use the 160 and a new 300gig sata wd cavier for storage, other than that i was gonna overclock it and put better cooling in it so other peoples recommendation on this would be appreciated (links also would be great) maybe ram upgrade to get better speeds with overclocking
    thanks
    Pete

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Don't fill your ram slots immediately.
    Get a single 1gig stick and buy a second one in a few months to give you 2Gig of ram with one slot still free.

Cooling: Thermalright XP-90c + 80-92mm Papst fan + Arctic Silver 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭peterk19

SyxPak wrote:
    Don't fill your ram slots immediately.
    Get a single 1gig stick and buy a second one in a few months to give you 2Gig of ram with one slot still free.

Cooling: Thermalright XP-90c + 80-92mm Papst fan + Arctic Silver 5.

Cheers for that i already have the ram im just curious on what i could get that would improve upon my current setup
    Pete

Advertisement