Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tim Minear's The Inside (US Show)

• 10-06-2005 11:10am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭

Any of the "American" viewers catch the first ep of this show this week? I enjoyed it and think the it's got great potential.

It's about a new female recruit in a SVU department - she's got amazing profiling ability but has a dark and tortured past. Think Clarice Starling meets CSI. The focus of the show seems to be on the characters of this team and their relationship with each other.

Buffyverse fans will recognise familair faces and places from Angel (Tim Minear was a longtime and one of the best Angel scribes). I imagine if it doesn't get cancelled Sky One will pick it up in the autumn.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Dodgy Ratings+FOX=DEAD

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,539 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I'll be watching it tonight. Looking forward to it.

tvnutz wrote:
    Dodgy Ratings+FOX=DEAD
    From you mouth to Fox's ears.... http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=20633

This is my favourite new show this year, so I find it MIND BOGGLING that Fox killed it off, and they aren't even going to air the full season (even though its filmed). Fox (and the american viewing public) are a fickle bunch, and its incredibly frustrating when this kind of thing happens.

I'm so pissed off about this, its not even funny any more. They should rename their network to Fux.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭monomaniac

Great show - I guess I'm not surprised. Very gutted they won't show the rest of the season - they'll replace it with some reality show that nobody will watch anyway.

Will definitely buy the boxset to support the hard work that went into making a fantastic dark and brilliant show.

Damint.:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Yeah.. love this show myself!

Last weeks' episode with the little girl was fantastic.. loved
    the moment in the treehouse where she jumped and blamed Rebecca... shocking stuff!

The show did have some weakpoints... very patchy dialogue at times being it's biggest weakness. Loved 3 outta the 4 episodes so far... episode 2 with the S&M freak being the weakest in my opinion!

The one thing that struck me about the show was how graphic it was... such moments that come to mind is
    episode 1 showed a faceless corpse, episode 3 showed a corpse with it's neck sliced open and episode 4 showed a 8 year child lying face down in the pool covered in blood.
    Trying not to sound too sick... but that was an element of the show which i admired. Pure balls to the wall showing homicides as they are.

Will definantly buy the boxset.. there's so many elements of the story still to explore!
    For example, Paul's unborn child and would like to learn more about Rebecca's abduction and i'd like to know more about Webb etc.

Tim Minear says they'll show another 3 episodes so i guess it's just a wait for the boxset then!

Bastard Fox cancelling another one of my favourite new shows! :mad:

• Advertisement

Yeah, I loved that moment in episode 4 too, Basquille. There aren't many TV moments in recent memory that made me say "Holy shit" out loud, but that was one of them. Great TV.

As for the cancellation, Tim Minear seemed to take it well on his blog.... http://www.timminear.net/

I think the message is that unless its reality TV, don't go near Fox.

I think the reason Tim is taking it so well is because he's been screwed around so much by Fox - as he said in the blog, he expected it!

You'd think after Firefly and Wonderfalls, those guys would have learnt their lesson and tried another network.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭tvnutz

I havnt seen it...but Tim is great,but like I said before...FOX are idiots!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 432 ✭✭Daelus

I'm looking forward to seeing this. I've been reading some forums about it and it sounds really good. Although it has been getting kind of mixed reviews. I'll buy the boxset if it doesn't air over here, although I heard that it has been picked up by some channel in the UK. Hopefully it'll be one that we get over here.

Trust FOX to cancel it. :mad:

• Advertisement

2 episodes will be shown in the US tonight....

... get it while it's still on-air! :(

Can't wait, B! :)
    According to AICN, the second one is a doozy!

TmB wrote:
    Can't wait, B! :)
    According to AICN, the second one is a doozy!
    Yeah, good ol' Herc (and his ill-fated curse.. almost every show he recommends gets axed after or during it's first season) on AICN says that Fox will be forced to show the episode 'Declawed' next week after the big developments in tonight's second episode "Thief Of Hearts"

"..because “Declawed” is going make more than a few fans go, “oh ****.” Perhaps more than once."

But i noticed on the bastard child of TVTome.com, TV.com that "Declawed" isn't scheduled to air until January 1st 2006. Hope this doesn't mean we won't get to see 'Declawed' after the build-up we got from Herc.

We need at least another 2 or 3 episodes outta Fox!

Man, they were 2 seriously dark episodes. The second one was superb too. Roll on next Wednesday.

Fox are ****.

Fantastic, fantastic, fantastic!!

Those two episodes were fantastic... the first episode finally
    giving us more insight into Rebecca's adduction as well as a first class final act with Rebecca sedated in the bath-tub
    and the second episode was also first-class with us
    finally seeing Alvarez (with a face, that is!) and Paul standing up against Webb - and the cliffhanger at the end of the episode needs to be resolved!

Fox cannot cancel this... but not much chances of them going back on their word now!!! :mad:

Cannot wait for the DVD...!

Well thats it. We have to get the DVD boxset to see the last 6 episodes.

Last nights was another superb episode, and another reason to say "why, fox, why?". When I finally realised
    what Webster was up to, I was gobsmacked.
    Brilliant brilliant brilliant.

Roll on the DVD boxset.

Next week in The Inside's place is an enticing little number called "So you think you can dance". I sh*t you not. I hope the execs in Fux get genital herpes.

Edit: Herc, the jinxing git over on AICN, now says that all 13 episodes will air. I'm holding my breath.

TmB wrote:
    Edit: Herc, the jinxing git over on AICN, now says that all 13 episodes will air. I'm holding my breath.
    Yeah.. read on the TalkBack earlier today that the next episode is scheduled to air in 2 weeks time on Fox. Minear should let us all know in his blog though!

Here's hoping..!!

I'm sitting down to watch last night's episode "Declawed" right now.

Judging by the last couple of posts in this thread, seems like myself and yourself (TmB) are the only ones on Boards still watching it (and enjoying it immensenly)

Herc's comment:
    I am told that all 13 are still scheduled to air. As of now. Maintain your Ethan Rom faith.
    As a Lost fan.. i don't get the Ethan Rom reference but i hope he's right!!

William Mapother (the guy who played Ethan Rom in Lost) gets to play a very VERY overweight (i.e. he has to wear a huge body suit) cannibal serial killer in Episode 13....

TmB wrote:
    William Mapother (the guy who played Ethan Rom in Lost) gets to play a very VERY overweight (i.e. he has to wear a huge body suit) cannibal serial killer in Episode 13....
    Oh yeah.. i read about that alright when Herc did a set visit (think it was Herc anyways). Wednesday's episode was also another fantastic episode. The show really is getting good! I'm hoping Fox will keep airing it but i read elsewhere that typically Fox cancel a show by promising a show in 2 weeks and never showing it!

LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) FOX Entertainment President Peter Liguori takes full responsibility for the summer profiler series' "The Inside's" failure.

"I'll take the heat on how that show as scheduled," he says. "I think if I could rethink that decision, the way to have premiered that show would have been a bit earlier, right on the heels of '24's' finale, right on the heels of 'American Idol's' finale."

Instead, "The Inside" premiered on Wednesday, June 8 and promptly fell off most viewers radar, despite a strong cast and clever writing.

Despite Liguori's promises that the network will air all of "The Inside's" remaining episodes, on Friday it was announced that for at least the next two weeks it will remain off the Wednesday schedule in favor of expanded 90-minute episodes of the reality show "So You Think You Can Dance," followed by "dance themed" episodes of "The Bernie Mac Show."

Meanwhile, "Inside" stars Rachel Nichols and Peter Coyote have both jumped ship over to ABC for the fifth season of "Alias" and the new presidential drama "Commander In Chief," respectively.
    Original Source here

Well, will he live up to that promise of airing all the remaining episodes?!... i'm not holding my breath! :(

• Advertisement

I'm optimistic about the last few episodes being shown. I'll buy the DVD when its released too.

But you know what? I'll be watching season 5 of Alias now! :):)
    Mmmm..... Rachel.....

Sorry for the exhumation of this thread, but I thought fans of this show might be interested in seeing the rest of the episodes.

ITV4 are now past where Fox dropped the show, and are showing episode 8 ("Aidan") on Friday night. Lets hope they show the rest of the run (13 episodes altogether)....

http://www.itv.com/listings/ShowListings.aspx?itvregion=london&itvpackage=ds&itvgenre=4&channelid=ITV4&channeldate=10/03/2006

TmB wrote:
    .. Lets hope they show the rest of the run (13 episodes altogether)..
    Yep.. just after checking TheCustard.tv TV listings... and under ITV4 on Friday March 17th:
    21:00

The Inside (Drama)
    Little Girl Lost. Series 1, episode 9.

Drama series about the FBI's violent crimes unit in Los Angeles. Rebecca is haunted by visions of the past when the team have problems transporting the abductor of a missing family.

Starring: Katie Finneran, Jay Harrington, Adam Baldwin, Peter Coyote, Rachel Nichols, Nelsan Ellis

(New Episode, Widescreen)

Thanks for letting us know.. shame i don't have ITV4! :(

You don't, but your cousin might! :D

Very true..! :D

If you have sky digital, then you can watch it for yourself....

Unfortunately not.. am still stuck in terrestrial land.. shame on me! :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭monomaniac

Even though it wasn't shown stateside someone reviewed this episode at tv.com: http://www.tv.com/aidan/episode/423884/reviews.html&review_id=75298&flag=&order=

They seemed to reckon it was the last one that would get shown - hopefully not. William Mapother (Lost's Ethan) did an episode which sounded pretty gruesome.

The episode 'Aidan' was actually leaked a few months back on the Web and was very very grim but extremely compelling.

Looking forward to seeing 'Little Girl Lost' if i can get it from the cousins!

• Advertisement
Advertisement