Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does it feel like it's your leaving cert?

Options
  • 10-06-2005 11:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭

Myself and basicaly everybody in my year have been saying that it realy doesn't feel like we're doing our leaving cert. It doesn't feel like we've left school either.
    Is this the same for you?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

Kind of, the reason it doesnt feel like the leaving cert is because of the big deal that all the teachers have made of it over the past two years, its not all that bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 361 ✭✭Con9903

No it doesn't feel like the leaving. To me its just like regular summer exams that I have to do before I can have fun. I'm annoyed at how uncaring I am.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭*Angel*

Nope, doesn't feel like it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

Con9903 wrote:
    No it doesn't feel like the leaving. To me its just like regular summer exams that I have to do before I can have fun. I'm annoyed at how uncaring I am.
    I'm exactly the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭hum

it dosnt feel like it at all... its crazy i mean we are half way through already!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭rasher_b2

Kind of, the reason it doesnt feel like the leaving cert is because of the big deal that all the teachers have made of it over the past two years, its not all that bad.

I agree. After such a build up it now seems so insignificant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 SineadSligo

were all just enjoyin the craic at school so much!!
    And nope it doesnt feel like its ourleavin at all!!

The junior cert was so much more scarier!!!!

x

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

No,not at all!! Next week ill be cackin it,though(hisotry and business in the same day,anybody?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 SineadSligo

ME TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

History and business!!!!!
    Im dropping to pass history though!!

Honestly man, what should i be studying for history? Can you please help me because i swear on my own mothers life when I say this... I HAVENT OPENED THE HISTORY BOOKS!!
    So what should I start reading through now??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

Have a look at past papers. I only know the basics of each essay. I could just about waffle my way through each one. Hopefully I'll get each essay fully revised before wednesday. I have geography and maths p2 on monday :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

Was nervous the first day, but now it seems grand. I've done the work, so i shouldn't have too much to worry about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Haedes1987

YA - Biggest load of p iss ever. Exactly like any old summer exams except we get a more mouldified, drunken summer pis up than any other! :D then :) then :(

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

I think I was more worried about my junior cert actually. I think because there is such a huge build up and the leaving cert is made to sound like the end of the world, they're actually fine in comparison. I feel so relaxed it's ridiculous, my only panicky moments so far has been when I'm sitting there waiting to turn over my paper - but I'm fine onceI turn them over. thank goodness I'm not going to counting Maths, if I'd been counting on it I probably would have cried!

On a slightly different note, does anyone have any really annoying people in their exam room? There's a girl in my room who is making such a big deal out of the exams - she's the kind of person who, since the beginning of fifth year, has perfected that "the weight of the world is on my shoulders" attitude to work. Before each exam she does stretches, punches the air and get herself jizzed up. I mean, what the hell?
    My friend was also telling me that there's sitting over on her left in her exam room who keeps tapping his pen off the desk when he's not writing, apparently it was driving her insane during the Maths exam!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭PaulMcG

Fishie wrote:
    On a slightly different note, does anyone have any really annoying people in their exam room? There's a girl in my room who is making such a big deal out of the exams - she's the kind of person who, since the beginning of fifth year, has perfected that "the weight of the world is on my shoulders" attitude to work. Before each exam she does stretches, punches the air and get herself jizzed up. I mean, what the hell?

That's like our supervisor... she's some looser! She's forever doing stretches, making faces, walking around slapping her arse. The funnest was when she was tying to kill a fly - she was chasing around the room after it trying to hit it! She had a look at the junior cert honours paper and '****' just came out of her mouth when she saw a question. She probably hadn't prepared her class for it.

Back on topic now, no it doesn't feel like the leaving at all! It just feels like another test or soemthing!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭*Angel*

PaulMcG wrote:
    That's like our supervisor... she's some looser! She's forever doing stretches, making faces, walking around slapping her arse. The funnest was when she was tying to kill a fly - she was chasing around the room after it trying to hit it! She had a look at the junior cert honours paper and '****' just came out of her mouth when she saw a question. She probably hadn't prepared her class for it.

LOL :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭BraveheartGal

snap!!!
    its really surreal
    like before our exams we're just laughin and messin outside
    even when we go into the room we're smilin over each other, "askin" (through the usual expressions, inclination of the head with raised eyebrows) how all of em are gettin on
    "coughin" to each other

cant believe it that were all splittin up
    *sniff*
    i rly loved my year, gonna be hell! (mind you, friday week will help in comfortin me!!biggest bender ever!!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Cannibal Ox

(hisotry and business in the same day,anybody?)
    Not looking forward to Wednesday at all. I reckon I've done enough work for it but the idea of writing that much in so little time...not good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

I dont know any history so im ok.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭lestats_bride

Yep.It's weird. All the big deal thats made out of it but when it arrives it's just a normal day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭Da_IRISH_ONE4U

Em yeah actually... it does feel like its my leaving cert. I've never shítted bricks so much in my life!

I never really cared that much about summer exams - went in, passed and enjoyed my summer. The pressure now is unreal! - But that could also be my fault for not studying ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11 ashdabash

Doesnt feel like d leavin at all!!!every1s havin a laf outside!!!its mor relaxed its not d big ting we'v been fearin 4 so long!!but sum exams i do wana cry coz im so F**ked!!!hasnt hit me at all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 728 ✭✭✭randomfella

PaulMcG wrote:

is she nice?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

I am the same, overly relaxed. But i think a reason why is because we will never really see the teachers again, nor a lot of the students. I was worried in the pre because i knew i would end up getting my results infront of my teacher and classmates. Well i will in august as well but thats miles away for now. Im just looking forward to the end of the LC really

Advertisement