Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

What do cops need 4X4's for?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭IANOC

Con9903 wrote:
    He never made any disrespectful comments about the person that died. He was just giving out about the 2 garda that did it.

As for the 4x4's, its probably for a number of things, multi terrain pursuits, better safety in the event of a collision, being able to drive up pavements etc. I'm sure there are lots more good reasons.

to say they went out to kill the person is disrespectfull
    wake up

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

I would have thought that as well as being able to handle curbs and ramps at speed they also have a much greater capacity for stuff like traffic cones, speed detection equipment, first aid kits and the like. Seems pretty sensible to me.

MrP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 627 ✭✭✭mcguiver

Firstly... only one steering wheel, therefore only one cop driving.

Did you enjoy your sleep last night?? cos 3,000 cops patrolled our streets last night to keep us safe!

Was this cop trained to drive..or was she one of the many that are waiting to do a course... meanwhile they gotta go do the job like they are told to.

Plus I don't remember seeing the official report released yet? Who said 70mph? driver error? was the car in good shape? or is it waffle by media time???

My 2 cents worth.... back to the topic

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

Thread locked - jeez does the heat go straight to your heads.

Magpie - tone it down - last warning

Sorry Mike, didn't see you there

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement