Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Ford Focus - Tape Deck to CD player.

Options
  • 10-06-2005 11:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭

I was gonna get my Dad a CD player for his Ford Focus. There's a tapedeck radio in it at the moment, it's the one that comes as original. Is it a straight swap for the CD player one. Also, will the steering wheel controls work for the CD player too.

Thanks in advance
    Neuro

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Neil_Ireland

Yes its a straight swap for a ford cd unit, should take about 2 mins to fit and the radio controls will work. I have the 6000 cd model in my car.
    Check out ebay, usually some for sale on there.
    Neil.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

If you don't get a ford head unit you will have a bit of messing to do - you would need fascia adaptors (ford headunits are generally twice the height of regular aftermarket ones), wiring adaptors etc, and the steering wheel controls probably wouldn't work.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭drive3331

As an example Blaupunkt have the cable kit and fascia adaptor which will enable the factory fit remote to work so stands to reason other car stereo manufacturers will have their own kit to do the same thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Question:

Do Ford cd players recognise mp3s?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭mondeoman

Question:

Do Ford cd players recognise mp3s?

Hi m8,
    the standard Ford ones don't read mp3 discs but the new high spec Fords(mondeo st220,Ghia x etc)have a sony mp3 player fitted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

Check out eBay. I replaced my 5000 unit with a 6000 unit purchased eBay. Takes about 5min to change over. Make sure you get a set of prongs to extract the unit.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭fletch

BrianD wrote:
    Make sure you get a set of prongs to extract the unit.
    You can pick them up in Halfords for about a fiver

Advertisement