Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

irish p2 ordinary

Options
  • 10-06-2005 12:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33

what'd people tink?? everything i wanted came up.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

I only wrote a little more than half a page for the 20 marks questions. I didn't do very well on the last poetry question.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 SineadSligo

i did ok on the "amuigh liom fein" question, the first one!
    And ok on brid og... but yeah I majorly ****ed up on the last poem question!!
    HATE that poem anyway!!

Please god just let me pass!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

I hate Treall aswell. I think I gave a bunch of the wrong quotes for the seconed Treall question. I only wrote about four lines for that question. Maybe it'll get me a point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 SineadSligo

yeah i just kept writing ****e for all the questions and thinking "well **** it.. sure somethin here might get me points"!!!!!!

x

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

I di pretty crap.... Just b'sd my way through-was finished by 10:05, so i was just sitting there, so i did chlaon me mo ceann q's(already had Brid og done) Was out playing football for the next hour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

meh. only worth 18%. Just waffled most of it. Im happy enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 rose**

nobody tipped this. was really disappointed it came up. our teacher read through it in class last feb and we were all under the impression it wasnt comin up. really disappointd i wrote nothing for it. felt like crying comin out of the exam......but!! its only worth 18% really!!??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 361 ✭✭Con9903

I was happy with it, we were force fed irish for the 2 years and I'm not relying on it for points, finished in an hour

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Beau

I wrote loads for Chlann Lir and Brid Og cause I knew they were coming p. For Gafa I picked the parents theme and took the piss out of the drug users mum for being an idiot. For Treall I picked the tired theme and call the poet a bit of an egit for complaining that she is tired considering she is breaking down th walls. Hehe, I just wanted a small giggle, the other 2 questions will be enough though, I`ll pass.

Wrote a page and a paragraph on the paper, worked my way to a sweet D3. Yeah.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭randombassist

Did anyone else think they gave us a stupidly long time to do a paper, that we could probably have done in 40 minutes at a push? I know in my place there were no Ordinary level people left after an hour and 20 mins, and most left after 40/50 mins.

The Paper itself wasn't too bad for me, had all the stuff (someway) prepared apart from Clann Lear, which just seemed too long for me to be arsed studying! Still got in some good waffle though. Couldn't really think of how to express their hardship, so I went on at length about how they were cold and wet, with awful weather (on a lake, who would have gussed they'd be wet!)

Still, I'm only looking for a pass, and I'm fairly certain I've got that at this stage so I'm happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭*Angel*

Well I was in there for an 1 1/2 hrs, I had done the first question, I was tired from the lack of sleep so I had a bit of a snooze for half hr then I did the second question, yeah definitely too much time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 jo_u_know

I barely had enough time2 do it!...but sayin dat i did take my time coz in my school we're not allowed out til bout 20mins before d end!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Went into this in the end, ridiculous. I studied on the bus trip over. Waffled through most of the answers and left after about an hour.

They should really just incorperate this into Paper 1 imo. Add 30 minutes, drop a comprehemsion, one poetry question and one story question: grand. I just see it as an excuse to make Irish viable by giving it second paper.

Ah well, it's all over now though, never have to use this tedious language again. I'm sure the correcter will have a great time looking over my answerbook. That's twelve years of Irish for ya!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭oq4v3ht0u76kf2

They should really just incorperate this into Paper 1 imo. Add 30 minutes, drop a comprehemsion, one poetry question and one story question: grand. I just see it as an excuse to make Irish viable by giving it second paper.

Whilst I agree in general, I do not agree with dropping a comprehension because I relied on the following formula to pass Irish (which I think I might just have done - although it is my 9th subject so meh):

Good Oral Prep. + Learnt Off By Heart Letter + Comprehension + Bit Of Luck in the Aural = 240 marks [D3]

The comprehensions, combined with their ridiculously high marks (relative to P2) are the thing a lot of gooners (like me :)) who don't like, are unable for or have never actually tried at Irish use to pass.

5 poems and 5 stories = 110 marks [max.]
    Two 5 question comprehensions = 100 marks [max.]

'Tis all bollixology at the end of the day really though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Bob wrote:
    The comprehensions, combined with their ridiculously high marks (relative to P2) are the thing a lot of gooners (like me :)) who don't like, are unable for or have never actually tried at Irish use to pass.

Don't get me wrong. I love those comprehemsions. I'd just rather drop one of them if it meant no second paper.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

I did Clann Lir for the first story question, that was easy but the Treall poem question was kinda hard, i understood what the poem was about but im not good at irish, the examiner would look over my paper and wonder what the hell i was writing. But id say i definetly passed. Aural on Thursday wasn't to shabby either :D

Advertisement