Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Logo - the annoying logo

Options
  • 10-06-2005 1:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭

Rite im really having idendity problems i have went through
    about 6 logo's in the last 3 months and i need to stop!
    Can you give me some advice on what my logo should
    look like, what size it should be etc!

Here's my latest! I went simple and easy this time but i just dont know!!!

wuthercheck.gif

Anyway if u wanna look at what u have to base your decision
    on click here

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Why the oversized (c)?

I think the one in your sig looks better actually. Maybe make it a bit bigger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

Horrible... as head-wrecking to look at as an optical illusion.
    It's as if the text is drawn with all stroke and no fill... then horizontally squashed to compensate.
    Increase the kerning... a lot.

What's up with the big streched ©?
    Does it have any significance beyond just a copyright notice that it needs to be so noticable? ... Personally I think a much smaller (and circular) one would be more professional... not to mention more pretty.

If you're going for simple, then keep it clean... there are a few white speckles on the 'K' (possibly as a result of using only stroke to draw the letters)... maybe this is supposed to be snow or something :confused:

I think the one in your sig looks a lot better.
    The one in your post looks like it was just lashed together in a few seconds.
    Sorry if this seems a bit Simon Cowell... but you asked. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭hostyle

While you're diddling around with your site about fixing this:
    Security Error: Content at http://www.weathercheck.net/ may not load or link to file:///C|/Documents%20and%20Settings/Administrator/My%20Documents/menuscript.js.

Security Error: Content at http://www.weathercheck.net/ may not load or link to file:///C|/Documents%20and%20Settings/Administrator/My%20Documents/menustyle.css.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

<rant>
    I find it laughable that you keep on with these threads about your site.

Using a copyright symbol on a site where you have been ripping off other people's content for ages is sadly ironic.

And before you go asking people (again) for their opinion on it, why don't you make it vaguely w3c compliant? You don't even have a valid doctype at the moment.
    </rant>

• Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

It was only when I check AdBlock to see you've Google Ads on there that I realised why you are continually posting about your site here!!

Decide what it is you want to do. I'm guessing that it's to aggregate weather data and present in a neat minimal way. However it's not all that clear from your site. Tidy up your HTML (code and layout) alot. Componentise your different sections more. I.e. make it perfectly obvious that this section is a 7-day forecast, and this one is now. Link to the sites you're getting data from (it's simple courtesy). Have someone do up a template for you, or look at other sites.. yours is all over the place, and has been always.

Your logo should probably have something illustration of a weather / weather elements (like the one in your sig).

.cg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

What in gods name are you talking about Blacknight! Honestly
    your accuasations are totally unfounded and way off topic.

I asked about the logo not for a scathing attack at me.

Thank you all for your opinions minus Blacknight

I will try to erect the old logo ;)

here's what i came up with after abit of work

newlogo.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

Stick to the original

test.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Chalk

i generally like the site.

i also like the new logo and buttons,
    however, i think if your going to use a font for the site it should be fairly continuos throughut.
    the text font doesnt even clsoely resemble the logos/menus font giving the site a real disjointed look.

theres also too much white everywhere,
    try to give the logos some contrast and compact the front page.

the more i look at it the more i like the site,
    try contasting the logo a bit more with the background,
    matching the fonts a bit better
    and getting the whole front page into one browser window.

all thats at the bottom is contaxt info so theres no need to have the page scrolling down.

chalk

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭rsynnott

There's no need to use a copyright sign; anything you do is more or less implicitly copyright, nowadays. You could get a TRADEMARK, but there's little point and besides it looks like "WeatherCheck" is already someone's trademark.

And blacknight's "accusations" (and as far as I can see they're just commentary) are off-topic but not unfounded ;)

You've still got lots of links to something called "My Documents". Do I have to use Windows to access this site? ;)

• Advertisement

Hi ye Dremaweaver does that sometimes but i thought i had cleared
    them all up a couple of days ago. Can you point me towards
    the bad links?

Cheers ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭snappieT

Well, here is one appearance issue:

(When you click 'latest' from the homepage)

And another here: http://weathercheck.net/hw3086php_flatfile/hw3.php?alt=pop&forecast=zandh&pands=EIDW

When you choose 'Dublin' from the dropdown menu, there is an image on the side that doesn't show. See attached image.

Thanks Sanppie the image went bust because i dint put the full url
    for the image.

But the problem when clicking Latest doesnt affect me...

What resolution is your PC at? and what browser are you using?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Can you point me towards
    the bad links?
    ctrl-F or Apple-F will let you find the necessary code.

Thanks Sanppie the image went bust because i dint put the full url
    for the image.

But the problem when clicking Latest doesnt affect me...

What resolution is your PC at? and what browser are you using?
    I'm on Firefox 1.04, and am on 1280x800

Everything moves across fully on the 'Latest' page. Find below cross sections of the two. When shown on top of each other, you can see the difference.

home.gif
    latest.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭rsynnott

Looks like a result of IE's broken CSS, possibly? Oh, by the way, you have two title tags on the one page; this results in undefined behaviour.

Advertisement