Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Printing

• 18-06-2001 9:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭

Hey,

I'm new to this printing malarky.
    I'm doing a full colour poster for someone.
    The photo seems to be grand, it's the text that I'm having the problem with.

I was wondering if i should anti-alias it at all for printing. It'll be 300 dpi.

Any general tips I should observe,
    other than keep checking the gamut warning?

Thanks,

- Kevin

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Figment

Poster size? Full colour? what format are you presenting it to the printer? How big is the text? Any chance of posting a preview here?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭p

It's going to be A3.
    I'm not too sure what format the printers want it in. I was planning on using eps.

The basic idea is up here:
    http://www.redbrick.dcu.ie/~p/icps.jpg

- Kevin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Figment

Text is fine anti-alais'd.
    Find out how it is to be printed.
    Some digital printers print from colour photocopiers which cant print to the edge of the page, so leave a bit of a border for your text at the edge.

Eps should be ok, make sure you have the fonts along with the document or turn them into images.

Find out if the printer is cmyk or rgb. Most probably cmyk so have your document set up accordingly.

Cant think of anything else at the moment apart from the layout and design, but thats down to your own preference smile.gif

Any problems give me a shout.

Oh yes, find out if printers want it on a mac or pc disk. While there is a degree of cross platform compatability, not that many people who work in the printers on the corner are that clued in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭p

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by LittleFigment:
    Cant think of anything else at the moment apart from the layout and design, but thats down to your own preference smile.gif</font>

Thanks for all the help.
    As for actual design, it's not mine, I'm just basically putting together as a favour for them. They described what they wanted and I made sure they didn't submit a low quality jpeg to the printers.

If you have any suggestions for the layout etc... do shout out though, i've really got to learn more about the print industry.

- Kevin

Advertisement