Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Important Notice for all Leaving Cert Students!

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 728 ✭✭✭randomfella

this is the kind of thread where if u have nothing positive to contribute shut ur mouth. I didn't have such an experience but i'm still trying to help him. He is prob still studying for his exams its just hes also trying to rectify this problem. If u read all of Aristotle's post on this thread u will see that he did try and solve the problem but the examiner didn't listen and admitted it to him after. Get ur facts right before u come out criticising him.

FuzzyLogic wrote:
    Ok, here we go. To the thunderdome!
    Listen carefully.
    If the department allows you to repeat this exam, I will post you €100.
    No strings no catches. Ok? Just show me proof that they let you repeat, thats all I ask. And I will post you the money.
    Thats how sure I am that this will never happen.

(and while were quoting now, I thought I'd add in a few.)

Quite the cocky lad, arent we?

Did you even read my last few posts?!

I said that my suggestion was highly unlikely but I like the suggestions other people are making. I realise how slim it is that another aural will take place.

I realise that I'm not coming off as the nicest guy in this thread, but I just wanted to see what people feelings were and if anyone else felt hard done by.

[Edit:Thank you Randomfella]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭Cherry_Pie

Look, at the end of the day we had something happen for an exam we studied for! If nothing else, if we could make the department see the mistakes and possibly change them for next years bunch I will be happy! Everything is experience. We did both complain during and after the exams. So will you wise asses with "brilliant" tape tests stop rubbing it in our faces!! We both studied and have continued to study , the point of this thread was to get as many complaints in from other good students who felt they were mis-treated not for you all to go on about "it wont happen". How will we know if we don't try!? Is that how you all live your lives because if it is I bet they're not fruitful! Now enough of the slanging matches, if no one tells the department there is a problem how will they know to change it for next year!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

FuzzyLogic wrote:
    Ok, here we go. To the thunderdome!
    Listen carefully.
    If the department allows you to repeat this exam, I will post you €100.
    No strings no catches. Ok? Just show me proof that they let you repeat, thats all I ask. And I will post you the money.
    Thats how sure I am that this will never happen.

(and while were quoting now, I thought I'd add in a few.)

Quite the cocky lad, arent we?

Hahahaha, brilliant *applause* (yep, this is so going to the Thunderdome by the way).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

Like I have said, please don't make stupid statements without reading my other thread.

Thank you.

We have read your other god damn thread - you wimpered about it in there, then let the examiner proceed. If you cannot hear it, you stand your ground, you get yourself moved - your mother isn't going to do it for you. Furthermore, to be honest, no more than a handful of people here are going to help you either with your half-hearted sanctimonious bleating.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

NoelRock wrote:
    We have read your other god damn thread - you wimpered about it in there, then let the examiner proceed. If you cannot hear it, you stand your ground, you get yourself moved - your mother isn't going to do it for you. Furthermore, to be honest, no more than a handful of people here are going to help you either with your half-hearted sanctimonious bleating.

;) indeed.

And remember, My offer of €100 is still good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭Cherry_Pie

Obviously he is trying to fix it with out his mother! You know what , Im not coming down to your level Noel, if you have to act high and mighty to feel intelligent off you go, has anyone anything useful to add?

FuzzyLogic wrote:
    ;) indeed.

And remember, My offer of €100 is still good.

I would put a bet on of €100 too. I know how unlikely it is.

And I did not wimper in my other thread. In my first post I specifically asked ONLY people who had problems in listening to the tape to reply. I didn't want to upset and offend people that did so well in their aural.

But they just couldn't stay out, could they?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Yeah I hate when I make threads and ask people not to disagree with me and they do.

Life's so unfair...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

I hate life, its not fair.
    Everyone should agree with me by default.
    Why do people disagree with me on *My own thread* your not aspossed to do that.

• Advertisement

Yeah I hate when I make threads and ask people not to disagree with me and they do.

Life's so unfair...
    FuzzyLogic wrote:
    I hate life, its not fair.
    Everyone should agree with me by default.
    Why do people disagree with me on *My own thread* your not aspossed to do that.

You misunderstood what I was saying.

I only wanted people who had a problem with the tape to reply. I didn't mind whether they disagreed or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭the smiley one

For God's sake - just leave it!!!

if the CD was bad he has a right to complain....not a very likely chance of succeeding...but that's totally besides the point.

I just don't see why people are begrudging the idea?!

(what they say is true, we defo ARE a nation of begrudgers)

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,837 ✭✭✭Alkers

If you read the PDF at the start of this thread you will find that any complaint you have should be made to your school regarding the size of the room and what not! That has NOTHING to do with the department whatsoever. Aristotle, if the rest of your group were well able to hear the cd as well as a supervisor standing beside you it sounds more like you making excuses than an actual problem with the sound quality. I don't see anyone anywhere taking that complaint seriously.

Some could hear but most could not.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭hada

(I will repeat myself again..)

This happened last year in the French exam. There was widespread outcry and confusion among teachers, examiners and of course, the students themselves.

There was general concensus that the aural was a complete hames, and therefore should be marked far far easier (in fact the whole French paper was marked easier as a result of the cock-up)

Now in comparison to this year, there has not been any widespread complaints about the Irish aural exam at all . Therefore one can expect the department to be rather sceptical with regards your misgrievings and rightly so.

Now I'm not saying you are wrong here, but really now, make your complaint known to the relevant persons and forget about it. So things didn't go down to well with you in the exam, ok, that's tough, especially if you have studied hard etc etc.. But it's happened to much more people in much different and more important circumstances, i.e. me.

And anyway it sounds to me as if your school were more to blame, they provided the CD Players and the seating arrangements - Two factors which you say contributed to your poor result.
    For all the department could have known, your school could have you sitting in the middle of a field doing the exams - It's not their problem, they're only renting out the school premises as it's the easiest way to accomodate the 60,000 odd leaving certificate candidates each year.

Good now that that's sorted, can we all stop wasting out time giving out? - There was a problem, aristotle is going to take the relevant procedures necessary and see what happens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 **me**

Hey Guys!

Freaky or what?? I came home after irish paper 1 absolutely fuming about the irish aural it was an absolute DISGRACE!!!!! I heard some of my friends complainin about there not being as much time 2 write answers down as other years but that wasn't my concern! I think it's stupid to be put in a room along with people who don't care if they fail their leaving cert or not!! The ordinary and honours people are in the same room and while ordinary people are flickin the pages of their papers the higher level people were looking for a crucial answer and vice versa.....don't you think that's disgraceful for a STATE EXAM!!! Also our supervisor started out tape after all the other rooms and so evrybody else was leaving the school roaring and shouting whilst our tape was still running not only that but we had people walk into our room during it as well as have the supervisor walk round putting things on our tables! Talk about off putting....

Personally myself I was thinking about staging a protest because the very same happened to me in junior cert a person kept coughing in the same place each time the tape was played while i was looking for an answer! It's very frustrating considering it's worth such a substantial amount of marks!

I'm well up for doing something about this it's a complete joke!

Sory my solution wud b dat f da department aren't willing to supply headphones 2 each individual student then i'm afraid it's time to throw this system of examining students out the window!

It really has to be changed!!

Oh sory yeh i think it would be a good idea to take part in another aural session because i no our school is only one of many that people were not happy in at all....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 shelleEire

i felt that i didnt have as much time to write the answers down as other years, it felt like as soon as i had it half written down we wer on to the next section and i didnt get to read the questions. i felt like crying cumin out!!!
    , my sister taut the same..... i taut the sound quality of the CD was way better than the usual tape.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

**me** wrote:
    supply headphones 2 each individual student

Thats a great suggestion! Fair play boyo.

Anywho, why bother posting here if ya disagree with it? Moaning and groaning wont change the posters views etc. If he wants to report it, leave him be. Jayzus!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭teejay

I have to say i found the quality of the aural grand - better than both my junior cert and the pre (no crackling!!!)............i sat up the front tho so that prob helped:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭jacksie

Honestly mates it's over and done now

Advertisement