Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Shrek......

• 25-06-2001 4:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭

There's a Shrek thread over in Films/Video,
    but I thought the renderings and characted animation in this film deserved a thread of their own....

easily the best I have seen anywhere. The characters were stunning - my jaz dropped during the opening sequence, the quality is so life-life.

The textures and lighting in this thing are perfect - look at the shadows created by the trees as the characters walk through the forest, and the fire, and the mud, and the beer, and the lava, and the grass and the trees....and....and..

Does anyone know what kind of software the
    guys at PDI use? I presume they have their
    own platform for a lot of the stuff...?

/Rory

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭havok*

Wait till FF comes out.
    It'll blow every 3d rendered film ever made out of the water... so to speak

Skriek does look farily nyom tho smile.gif

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 1,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Slaanesh

Shrek actually looked alot more realistic but the creators decided that it was too realistic and dubbed down the graphics a bit, I think that goes to say something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭Jug-A-Lug

The thing about why they dumbed the graphics down in shrek is its easier to make toys of a bubbly nature frown.gif this is disturbing as it makes me feel that movies are solely being made for money now, no more artistic flair, no more individualism between directors

aahhh farg it im off to watch hard boiled again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Take a luke at the Monsters Inc trailers.

Advertisement