Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Extra costs when buying a property

Options
  • 10-06-2005 3:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 271 ✭✭

Has anyone recently bought a house/apartment?, I'm about to put an offer in on a house I've just viewed and would appreciate some advice on what extra costs I can expect.

I'm a first time buyer so I won't be paying any stamp tax as the property < €600k (obviously!!). I intend to live in the property and rent out the other room. I have the cost of the deposit and about €5/6k extra to cover costs. Just general costs of things like surveyors, solicitors etc. Also in what order are things done....offer -> acceptance -> surveyor -> solicitor etc?

Any advice would be appreciated and even if anyone knows of any good sites to look this up on I've tried focusireland and threshold

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Einstein

5/6K is plenty. goto www.myhome.ie and they have a pretty break down of various costs etc.

Good luck

dave

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭GeorgeBailey

shakaman wrote:
    I'm a first time buyer so I won't be paying any stamp tax as the property < €600k (obviously!!).

The limit is actually 317500!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 271 ✭✭shakaman

The limit is actually 317500!

I thought that limit was for people buying a second property?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

solicitor and surveyor are the only ones that I can think of

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭GeorgeBailey

shakaman wrote:
    I thought that limit was for people buying a second property?

It used to be something like 190000 for first time buyers but that rose to 317500 in the last budget. I'm presuming you're buying a second-hand house here though!

Link

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 271 ✭✭shakaman

It used to be something like 190000 for first time buyers but that rose to 317500 in the last budget. I'm presuming you're buying a second-hand house here though!

Link

Excellent...thanks for that George!

• Registered Users Posts: 78,388 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Moving / storage company
    Cleaners
    Gardeners
    Post forwarding
    Bridging loan

Utility connections / changeovers
    Television Licences
    Electricity
    Gas (