Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Official EA] Battlefield 2 Demo Information

Options
  • 10-06-2005 3:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭

This thread on the EA forums shall hold all you need to know: http://forum.eagames.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=519
    Since there is a lot of interest in the demo, this post is the official news, which will be updated every time we know something for certain...

As of 11:40am BST today [Friday 10th June], the expectation is that the demo will not be available today as it has yet to pass final stage testing...

The demo is anticipated to release tomorrow
    Update :

You'll like this one.

The demo has passed all test stages now and is currently in preparation to go live. I'll just fish up some links and work out the timings I've been given and edit this post accordingly, but I wanted to give you the news as soon as possible.

Thanks for baring with us.

K ... happy? .. I know I am :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭SoBe

EA are taking the pi$$ now tbh

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

Testing my a$$.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

fookers

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭Zyox

Omg such BF2 angst.

Relax kiddies, it'll be out when it's out.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

It'll be out by Christmas, Valve jobbie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stokolan

Found this on another forum. Im on there at the moment over 900+ people in the channel there having a Q&A at the moment Its all moderated so your not getting talk from all over. there giving out some nice info.
    Last night some 70 fans of Battlefield 2 jumped on Teamspeak for what can only be described as a live online chat forum. TotalBF2 have teamed up with the organiser to run the same thing again tonight on a much bigger scale. Read all about it here:

Tonight on Teamspeak, Total BF2 will be hosting a public Teamspeak session to run along-side the devchat tonight on Gamespy Livewire. We will be bringing you the latest and greatest news all night long, and keeping you posted on the status of the demo.

For those of you who are unable to connect to the live-wire chat, we will do our best to syphon information down the pipes to you directly as Ben answers his questions.

The New IP address is: 67.15.34.8:8888 (1000 spaces)

We hope to see you all there!

If you don't have Teamspeak download it here. You don't have to have a mic to join, as you can just listen to all that is going on. Myself and other staff of the site will be there to support the event, but will let the original organiser run the show.

The channel will be moderated so if you have a question here is what to do. Click the "Self" option, then "Request Voice" and give your reason/question. It will then be answered by people who know whats going on. Questions can be about anything you like, even the demo! If you don't have a mic, message one of the channel admins.

To turn off the "new player" sounds etc, go to "Settings", then "Options", then "Sound Notification". Drag the slider all the way to the bottom and your set.
    Many thanks to Avenger for hooking us up with the server

If u cant get on try this shoutcast LIVE NOW on TsN :: Battlefield 2 Question and Answer Special :: Tune in now @ http://connect.tsncentral.com/stream1.pls

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

Since there is a lot of interest in the demo, this post is the official news, which will be updated every time we know something for certain.

As of 11:40am BST today, the expectation is that the demo will not be available today as it has yet to pass final stage testing.

The demo is anticipated to release tomorrow at which point it will only be available on Gamespot for "Gamespot Complete" subscribers.

The full open-to-all release of the demo is expected next week. We do not have a fixed day for this release at this time.

And then this:
    Update :

We've now heard that the demo will not required any form of paid subscription to Gamespot. When ready, the demo will first be available from here.

Apologies for the confusion regarding when and where the demo will be available, however this news should be treated as "most accurate" at time of writing.

Should any further changes occur I will update this post accordingly.

New update from the eagames forums on the link above

Update :

You'll like this one.

The demo has passed all test stages now and is currently in preparation to go live. I'll just fish up some links and work out the timings I've been given and edit this post accordingly, but I wanted to give you the news as soon as possible.

Thanks for baring with us.

Now we play...the waiting game.
    ah the waiting game sucks, lets play hungry hungry hippos! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Deadwing wrote:
    Now we play...the waiting game.
    ah the waiting game sucks, lets play hungry hungry hippos! :D
    I want to play BF2 tbh.

• Advertisement

I want to play BF2 tbh.

Whats bf2?

I want to play BF2 tbh.

we all do. but at least we can have fun with the demo till the full game comes out :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

I think Jim was referring to the demo .. whenever the demo comes out that is.

Winters wrote:
    I think Jim was referring to the demo .. whenever the demo comes out that is.

from what i hear its out within the hour! on gamespot it will be available to everyone for download and not just subscribers

also its going to be about a 600mb download

offical from eagames.co.uk
    The demo is well and truly on its way!

One hour from now you will be able to download it from Gamespot.

Thanks for waiting, and we'll see you on the Battlefield!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

*fap

demo is out!

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭JacoStanley

Im getting a steady 149kb/s. If this keeps up then I'll have it within the hour. Fingers crossed!

mine started at 210kbs dropping slowly got 220mbs so far :) hope the speed dosnt drop too much at 177kbs so far will have it in another 30 min

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭JacoStanley

It's stopped now. WTF? To be expected I suppose.

• Advertisement
Advertisement