Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Migrating to UTV Clicksilver

• 10-06-2005 3:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    can anyone tell me how I migrate from UTVip to Clicksilver,
    was talking to a girl in support earlier and she said just use the migrate option after logging into my account - but there is no migrate option.......
    so is migrate not available in the ROI ????

all help appreciated....

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

NIBBS wrote:
    Hi,
    can anyone tell me how I migrate from UTVip to Clicksilver,
    was talking to a girl in support earlier and she said just use the migrate option after logging into my account - but there is no migrate option.......
    so is migrate not available in the ROI ????

all help appreciated....

I think there is a migrate option somewhere to the left where you log into your account to see your bill?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

Hey Dub,
    cheers for that, odd though - I don't actually get that Migrate option when I log into my account, though I'm pretty sure it was there at one stage.....

I got back onto UTV support a couple of times (first time the girl said to use that option) and they then told me to just mail "admin" which I've done......only problem being that the support via email appears to be very slow these days........not to worry I'm sure it'll all work out at some stage....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

all these problems youre having should be making alarm bells go off in your head. The kind of bells that ring with the tone of "cancel utv, go with another provider".

support via email is slow? maybe you should try ringing them? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 959 ✭✭✭kin9pin

tbh, Rymus is right. If you want Broadband you should check out the other options....Smart/BT/IBB/NTL/even Eircom. Search for clicksilver on the boards and see if anyone has had problems ;)
    I switched from UTV to NTL and it's the best thing I've done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Gegerty

kin9pin wrote:
    tbh, Rymus is right. If you want Broadband you should check out the other options....Smart/BT/IBB/NTL/even Eircom. Search for clicksilver on the boards and see if anyone has had problems ;)
    I switched from UTV to NTL and it's the best thing I've done.

Darn tootin' Stay clear of UTV they're muck!! Basically they get you into a 1 year contract and then thats it, any problems and its just tough t*its to you and nothing you can do about it. I think their support mails go straight into the recycle bin :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

and don't ever dare ask them to explain why something went wrong. And don't ever ever say to them that the problem that you are having is also being experienced by others. Because when you say that their support people refuse to deal any further because you're not being nice - or so it says on the utv.support forum.

They are the Ryanair of the DSL world. Cheaper but if something goes wrong they will do sweet all about it and their support is desperate. It also seems that support seems to be on a "whim" basis and they change their terms whenever it suits...

At least Ryanair don't claim to be customer friendly...

parsi wrote:
    and don't ever dare ask them to explain why something went wrong. And don't ever ever say to them that the problem that you are having is also being experienced by others. Because when you say that their support people refuse to deal any further because you're not being nice - or so it says on the utv.support forum.

They are the Ryanair of the DSL world. Cheaper but if something goes wrong they will do sweet all about it and their support is desperate. It also seems that support seems to be on a "whim" basis and they change their terms whenever it suits...

At least Ryanair don't claim to be customer friendly...

While I criticise them as much as anyone you have to acknowledge that Carl is pretty unique in isp terms and does his absolute best to try and help in any way possible. There is also a new chap called Brian who seems to be doing his best in recent weeks to help out in the support forum too. But in general terms they are a pale shadow of what they were and have been very slow to respond with any new products recently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

I'd researched all of the stuff and if you look around you'll see problems with all providers - it's a common thing that any of the Eircom resellers have had intermittent problems, wether it's their fault or not........
    I can't get NTL live in Swords, and there are currently no wireless providers (ICE were supposed to be contacting me months ago and that never happened either), so I decided to go with UTV because I had dialup with them and no problems for the last couple of years......
    I wouldn't touch Eircom because of the unreal amount of problems I've had with them over the last couple of years, from not being able to get a line at all for 7 months, being overcharged for it, taking a further 3 months to get the credit on the account (even though it was there all along apparently....)

anyway, I know the issues with UTV and if it doesn't work out by that stage I'm hoping that one of the providers has come up to scratch and gives the performance they all claim without constant hiccups........ :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭bringitdown

Quick slightly OT question: Anyone know the model number of the Creative ADSL Modem that UTV supply?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

Mine is Creative broadband blaster dsl router 8133u
    f/g part number: 70BX000002013

I migrated from utv ip xl (or whatever it's called) and got charged a cancellation fee for not using it for the minimum contract time period...thought that was a bit mean considering i was migrating to thier ****ing Broadband product.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭bringitdown

Cheers Ruggie

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

dub45 wrote:
    While I criticise them as much as anyone you have to acknowledge that Carl is pretty unique in isp terms and does his absolute best to try and help in any way possible. There is also a new chap called Brian who seems to be doing his best in recent weeks to help out in the support forum too. But in general terms they are a pale shadow of what they were and have been very slow to respond with any new products recently.

Yes I agree that Carl is excellent but he is doing a lot of it in his spare time. We don't know if he's suddenly going to get disillusioned and decide to concentrate on his day job. In fact its Carl that is keeping UTV their customers...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 959 ✭✭✭kin9pin

RuggieBear wrote:

I migrated from utv ip xl (or whatever it's called) and got charged a cancellation fee for not using it for the minimum contract time period...thought that was a bit mean considering i was migrating to thier ****ing Broadband product.

That would make me seriously consider telling them where to go. Aren't UTV currently the only ISP actively enforcing their cap as well?

kin9pin wrote:
    That would make me seriously consider telling them where to go. Aren't UTV currently the only ISP actively enforcing their cap as well?
    yep paid the bones of 15euro this month for excess :mad: :eek:

RuggieBear wrote:
    Mine is Creative broadband blaster dsl router 8133u
    f/g part number: 70BX000002013

How to win friends and influence people! :eek:

Seriously though its this type of mean spirited attitude and lack of cop on on UTV's part that really pi*****s me off with them.

And then they will wonder why people are leaving them........

tbh i'd leave them as my "Trial" is nearly up but i just couldn't face 2 weeks of dicking around with eircom or whoever and being disconnected from BB. I think i'd like to try BT....

RuggieBear wrote:
    ............. but i just couldn't face 2 weeks of ............... being disconnected from BB. ....

Indeed we are all addicts now :rolleyes:

''Addicted to Broadband can't bear to leave current provider even though they are terrible'' :) Any threads in ''personal issues'' yet?

lol....but switching service provicers here is like jumping out of the frying pan into the fire..... :D

Advertisement