Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

scifi-art shut down for good today :(

• 01-07-2001 3:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭

tis a real shame, as it is where I leart most of what I know about 3DS MAX...

The reasons behind its shut down were....
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">

For Better and For Worse..

It is my sad duty as the longest sitting senate member to inform you that SciFi-Art.com no longer exists. After lengthy discussion with the entire senate we decided that we no longer can support this enormous site and that is has grown into something that we cannot even define anymore. It has become so much work for all of us to lead it even in the slightest direction that it has just become too much.

I'm sad this had to be done, you will no doubt immediately ask will they be back after all they were after Scifi-Art version 1 and after Scifi-Art version 2. The answer to that question is most likely no, although one never knows. The next question you will most likely ask will be: what about us then? That is mainly up to yourself; we however suggest the following sites where you could go to:

http://www.lwg3d.com

http://www.scifi-meshes.com

Then on a more personal note I wish to thank all the people who I have been in the Scifi-Art Senate with on one time or another. I hereby wish to thank them for the intriguing times we had I wish to thank them for the great art we made. I cannot ignore the biggest worse time in our senate history it was off course when version 2 came to an abrupt end and when our former subgroup 3dgladiators moved to be independent (as a result of the break-up not as the reason of the break-up). As in all conflicts neither side is good or wrong, I guess we all did things we shouldn’t have done, said things we shouldn’t have said. Well in any case I wish to apologise for any wrong things from our side. In the end it never mattered and it doesn’t matter now.

I also would like to thank everybody who has supported us and visited our site(s) and forums. We would not have become what we are now without you guys. But at its peak we will leave you, it is time for all of us to find our own path. The joy is out of Scifi-Art and all it used to represent is gone and that is why it's time to go and move on.

To all I wish to say thank you for support and thank you for your tremendous efforts and tremendous artwork. My only hope is that in 5 years from now someone will still say he I learned that technique at SciFi-Art.com. Remember the times we had.

Thank you for your support and be well.

Cooper

</font>

Insanity is spreading like wildfire.......and Im at its center :p

www.scifi-meshes.com

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Celt

I was just about to post this, went looking for another desktop pic frown.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Belisarius

Crikey I say...I always had meh beef with S-Fart , but theyve been a paragon of the Community ,and well be hard pressed to find another hub frown.gif

The Man From Delmonte , He Say "Yes"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

nah Bel, its not that bad considering the scifiarts senate is giving its offical backing to www.scifi-meshes.com and the lightwave group...not to mention its meshes and its tutorials...

We(the scifi-meshes team) have some VERY big shoes to fill and we're quite happy to do so smile.gif

www.scifi-meshes.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Belisarius

Id imagine theyre sending alot of Traffic yere way , I was browsing through the site and itd be fairly cohesive if you got some non-trek stuff aboard smile.gif

The Man From Delmonte , He Say "Yes"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

Seems the SFM server died under the sudden swell of visitors...Im told the problem is being worked on now

www.scifi-meshes.com

• Advertisement
Advertisement