Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Munster's best radio station

Options
  • 10-06-2005 5:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭

In your opinion whats munsters best radio station

I would of said limericks but we havent got enough

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭moshpit77

there's a station called beat 102 103 down south tipp/waterford way which in my opinion is best, from what I've heard of it

I won't talk about live 95, it's already been done here, just to say it commerical cack

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

Beat is a heap of crap. I think pretty much all commercial radio stations are terrible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭limerick_man

I'd say Live 95fm... Galaxy is the same stuff over and over (even that ad)!

BTW, there will be a radio type show on DaPainful soon... stay tuned 4 details!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

i know beat well i like it but not my favourite
    i like corks 96fm,
    live 95 can be good and not so good...
    and red fm
    cork seems to have the best ones imo

yeah red fm is supposed to be decent, haven't heard it so I don't know

the couple of times I listened to Beat they were playing decent indie music, stuff like Future Kings Of Spain etc.. only time you hear that on live 95 is their joke of a indie music show on sunday nights that's obviously just there to fill the time and shut people up

• Advertisement

I really like that show... its fun!

well im in the south of limerick so i get all the cork stations
    i think beat is fair good
    got the newcastle radio station that just started today
    was alright as all new stations are i think its called wlim (west limerick) 102.2 on fm

Whats on it? Farmers stuff?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

96Fm are you for real?
    1huge1 wrote:
    i know beat well i like it but not my favourite
    i like corks 96fm,
    live 95 can be good and not so good...
    and red fm
    cork seems to have the best ones imo

96Fm are you for real?

youve never heard of 96fm its one of corks biggest

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

Yeah, Its a shocking Radio Station Well For Young People Anyway?

yea but whats the deal with it and 103.3fm having the same song half the time are they somehow connnected?

96 and 103 fm are another two of Ulster Televison's 'LOCAL' stations... as in Live 95, FM104 and the list goes on... they ALWAYS play the same songs and very rarely from LOCAL musicians

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭echomadman

I get redfm in the car all the way up to ennis, its pretty good.

Well details have now been revealed about DaPainful Radio ... it should be fun!
    www.dapainful.tk

dapainful.tk dosnt show any info on them really
    are they limerick based?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

ok firstly this would be better off in Mid-west rather than Limerick city.

secondly 95 96 and 103 fm are al local stations belonging to UTV you only have to see al their websites to see how local they realy are

http://www.live95fm.ie
    http://www.103fm.ie
    http://www.96fm.ie
    http://www.q102.ie

I would be a fan of Clare FM. It is not really a station for young people though, it plays more of the traditional irish music that interests me.

the best station for young people in my humble opinion would either be Red FM in cork and Beat 102-103, which with a little effort can be received in parts of Limerick and south Clare.

there are more local stations popping up in recent weeks west liemrick community radio and east limerick community radio soon to follow.

more info at http://www.radiowaves.fm, just click on the bandscans link to se which stations are receivable in the region.

see no point in moving this to the midwest board no one uses it...

Ah well, it might pick up a bit! The DaPainful Radio details are now up! Its no so much a radio show just really an entertainment show but its only sounds! So its like online radio! It should be really funny, two hosts and i'm one of them!

Might put some energy into this board! Da Painful Radio details are now up, it'll be a radio type show over the internet! Mainly comic (hopefully) Myself and another guy will host!

• Advertisement

everyone who is viewing this topic came from the moved thing in the city board lol :D

anyway ill look into that dapainful thing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭phelo05

i have to say STAB fm is pretty good in a city full of ****!! nothing but a load of conmen in limerick especially a certain motor dealer up there. not a main dealer now but a used car dealer.

??? how did this get back here???

Advertisement