Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gamecube - Any decent titles beyond RE4?!

Options
  • 10-06-2005 5:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭

I've just finished Resident Evil 4 on the RE4 pack gamecube...

A mate lent me Zelda - Windtalker/walker ...whatever! and truly disliked it (LOVED Ocarina of time on N64)

Beyond the cutsie jap games & poxy fps (better on my PC anyway) can anyone recommend any solid games on this platform?!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

nope, its the only good game :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 a bald bloke

the metroid prime games are stunning for gameplay and graphics,
    super monkey ball games, superb for drunken fun (you control a monkey, in a ball so nuff said)
    godzilla destroy all monsters is a good multiplay game

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭d22ontour

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,400 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

sticker wrote:
    A mate lent me Zelda - Windtalker/walker ...whatever! and truly disliked it (LOVED Ocarina of time on N64)

Pure blasphemy. At least you liked OoT.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Pikmin - I cant pimp pikmin 1 and 2 enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Syth

Super Smash Bros Melee is a good multiplayer beat em up. And metroid prime 1 and/or 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

*cough*Metroid Prime 1 and 2*cough*
    Also the best version of Soul Calibur 2 (play as Link as bonus character :) )
    Beyond Good and Evil]
    The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
    Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time
    Skies of Arcadia: Legends (if you can find it, I'm playing this now and it's great)
    Eternal Darkness
    All the other Resident Evil games
    Tales of Symphonia
    F-Zero GX
    etc, etc, etc.
    and I left out all the rocking multiplayer games.
    Super Smash Bros Melee (source of my username :p)
    Mario Kart Double Dash
    WarioWare Inc: Mega Party Games
    Super Monkey Ball 1 and 2
    The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures
    TimeSplitters 2 and Future Perfect

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Mario Kart Double Dash is the one that gets the most play on my Gamecube.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Eternal Darkness is excellent, Rogue Leader is very good, Metal Arms is fantastic (but also available on other formats), Super Mario Sunshine is good, Luigis Mansion is short but sweet, but best of all, try and pick up the Zelda collectors edition disc, it only came as a pack in with new gamecubes for a time or was available as a bonus on the Nintendo website about a year ago, I picked mine up in Gamestop, they may have a couple in their warehouse, its great because you get the Nes Zeldas 1 and 2 along with Ocarina of Time and Majoras Mask, very nice indeed, especially as most people have never played the latter.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

gamecube may not have sold as well as ps2 and x box but it has a lot of good games

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

well done. glad you realise the obvious :rolleyes: (only jokin)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

RE0 and REmake are excellent
    metroid prime 1 and 2 are class fps
    timesplitters series
    mario kart dd
    super smash bros mell one of my fave fighting games
    wind waker takes a while to get into truly brilliant
    mgs twin snakes (personally my fave mgs game)
    pikmin 1 and 2
    Eternal darkness

thats only 2 name a few

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I guess when it boils down to the issue of quality titles, the Gamecube is up there with the so-called "popular" machines, having a ton of games released for your ps2 or xbox isn't much good if 99% of them are budget rubbish and pointless genre rehashes.

Bring on the Revolution!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

I want a gamecube purely for the new Zelda alone.

damn my lack of money! :(

You can get a secondhand GC really cheaply now. You have no excuse. :p

where abouts though?

They come up quite a lot on the FS Consoles here, and any branch of Game or Gamestop should have them preowned.

ive been keeping my eye on the FS section and havent seen any :(
    woe is me!!
    all i need is the console i can have games sent to me by my various editors!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭TheAlmightyArse

Slurms wrote:
    all i need is the console i can have games sent to me by my various editors!!

Woe is you indeed, YOU DESPICABLE BASTARD. :p

Woe is you indeed, YOU DESPICABLE BASTARD. :p
    Id accept that comment, but i dont think you know what its like to do what i do. Feckin editors chasing me down for various reviews constantly! but then again the perks are quite good :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

Which is better; metroid prime 1 or 2?!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,400 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

sticker wrote:

They are both as good as each other. If you can't make up your mind which to get I have some advice: Buy them both even if you have to kill your mother and eat your cat.

If you really must, I probably enjoyed Metroid Prime 1 more.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

sticker wrote:
    They are both pretty similar in gameplay terms, which was the main complaint about the sequel. But personally I found the sequel to be structured better. In the first one I found my self wondering where the hell I was supposed to be going next alot... but your goals always seemed to be better defined in the second one.

Cheers for the help all...

A few final questions:

In terms of RE - 4 ROCKED, I've played 1, 2 & 3 for PSONE, and Code Veronica on Dreamcast... Are there others for the Gamecube?!

Did I hear right that a 'proper' Zelda sequel is en-route soon?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

sticker wrote:
    Cheers for the help all...

A few final questions:

In terms of RE - 4 ROCKED, I've played 1, 2 & 3 for PSONE, and Code Veronica on Dreamcast... Are there others for the Gamecube?!

Did I hear right that a 'proper' Zelda sequel is en-route soon?!
    there's resident evil 0 and resident evil (called REmake around these parts)
    both well worth getting if you like your resi games. there's enough new stuff in REmake to make it a worthwhile purchase (and it's usually only €10 preowned anyway)

and the new zelda is due in november iirc :)
    http://eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=59515

sticker wrote:
    Metroid Prime 1 takes a rather large crap all over Metroid Prime 2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭dearg_doom

In the first one I found my self wondering where the hell I was supposed to be going next alot...

Ya, but you found out where you where meant to go, right?

That's the genius, for me, in the Metroid level designs; you always seem to be lost running about in huge levels that seem to go nowhere, but you always seem to know exactly where to go.

I thought MP2 did a bit too much hand-holding, but I'd still say it's better than FIFA STREET:)

Regarding Resi Evil, there was Resi Evil Directors cut, and the one on the gameboy set on a ship. They were supposed to release a version of Resident Evil 1 on the gameboy color but it died in development, a real pity too as it looked amazing, given the hardware it was working on.
    Metroid kicks FPS ass, the organic and natural nature of the levels, so far removed from the square and rectangular boxes of its contemporaries, fantastic. The weightless scenes of the prologue in Metroid prime, then when the gravity switched on, you can't get that stuff anywhere else.

tman wrote:
    there's resident evil 0 and resident evil (called REmake around these parts)
    both well worth getting if you like your resi games. there's enough new stuff in REmake to make it a worthwhile purchase (and it's usually only €10 preowned anyway)

and the new zelda is due in november iirc :)
    http://eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=59515

Cheers Mate

• Advertisement
Advertisement