Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home Ec

Options
  • 10-06-2005 5:44pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hey all,

How did everyone get on in there Home Ec Exam? Thought it was lovely, a lot of what I prepared came up which im glad. Others found it slightly tough tho. What others who sat the exam think??

:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

wasnt very happy with q 1.... i hate carbohydraates!!
    liked social elective q and would have loved the microwave q if i had studied it!
    It was a good paper really though if i had known my stuff i woulda done well!

anyone else think it was unfair to have it same day as irish paper 2 !?!
    my hands were aching and my head was throbbing!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Shinny-dee

i thought it was a really hard vague paper. im normally A standard in home ec an i really feel i only got a C or worse. i thought the social studies Q an q5 were very bad!carbs was deadly though wasn too sure about last bit we were ment t do the labelling law thing yeah?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Cutie18Ireland

i thought it was hard!! short questions were mental!! some questions were badly phrased!!! not pleased at all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Ah ok, I guess its kinda the luck of the draw in Home Ec. You just never know wtf to study for!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Groovychick

Wasn't too happy with my paper, interior design question was ok! did anyone else run out of time?? our examiner told us to stop like 5 minutes before da end and we started late, really pissed about that!!! our hall is split into two sections and the other side get all their papers before us yet we always have to finish at da same time! Only four more papers left and then i'm free!!!!!!!! :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭ed6hellsfresh

i thought the paper was really hard and yeah i definatly think vauge was the word.
    a whole large section on voluntary work was absolutly retarded.
    i never saw anythin much bout it in the book
    expected a more general topic eg leisure, poverty or work(not just voluntary) thats pretty much screwed me over for the leaving

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Thats scary that not many liked the paper :S There is a bit about it tho, in the book I have that is. A lot of the stuff in our book came up on the paper. Its just a matter of studying it well, which is the problem about Home Ec the course is to broad and its hard to study for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 ashdabash

I thought d short q;s wer quite tough!!!we wer all expectin iron 2 com up,i no ya cant depend on d mock papers but wen its only d 2nd yr of d course ya's tink deyd b a bit nicer!!i nearly cried wen i saw carbohydrates!!!i thought 4+5 wer a bit weird only havin a,b+c!!very vague paper!!!im really anoyed coz i did **** and home ec woz 1 i woz dependin on doin wel in! :confused:

Ya the short questions were very tough. And I tried to do lots of preparing for it but ya just dont know whats coming up. Annoying :/

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭sparkle_23

i thought it was awful! i saw the pie chart tingy on question one n i was kinda like "wat d hell" i hate carbohydrates! my elective went awful, voluntary work wtf! :(

• Advertisement
Advertisement