Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Used bikes in Dublin

Options
  • 10-06-2005 6:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Anybody know of a good used bicycle shop in Dublin? I'll be there for the summer and would like some cheap transportation, thanks!

allie

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭oflahero

You'll probably find some suitable clunker on Wexford St in either McDonnell's (or is it McDonald's?) on the corner with Kevin St, or Penny Farthing further up away from town.

Cycleways et al. would probably hold their nose at the prospect of dealing with such un-streamlined bikes! Though you'd have to be mad to ride and park a bike worth anything over 200 euro in Dublin's city centre...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭arrietty

I got mine in Little Sport in Fairview, opposite Fairview Park. There's also City Cycles about five minutes walk from there, on the corner of Malahide Rd. There's about a zillion buses that go through Fairview. Little Sport has a good selection, reasonably cheap, a lot of stuff under a hundred and then going up to about one fifty. City Cycles has less selection and was more expensive when I was looking (Saturday).

Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

and do any of you know were to get 2nd hand bikes in galway

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Squarewheels - Temple lane
    ocassionally get some second hand bikes in but demand usually exceeds supply

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 alliek

Thanks for the leads guys, I'll definitely be looking into those!

ak

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭gzoladz

Don't forget to try Mc Cormacks. Dorsett St, off North Circular rd. Meter away of the big tree pub.

Advertisement