Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Dream Theater?

Options
  • 10-06-2005 6:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭

I got the new Dream Theater during the week, and I think I'm a little underwhelmed with it. Train of Thought was an absolutely excellent album, so maybe my expectations were a little high, or maybe it needs time to grow on me, but I really do feel that Octavarium is somewhat bland.

What does everyone else think?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,970 ✭✭✭mp3guy

Not really. I think its a brilliant album, the band exploring a different area. One of their best modern albums.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Really don't like it. Maybe one or two songs that have any appeal to me but I prefer ToT over it.

Wait, those of you who don't like it, have you heard more than ToT?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Yes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Yes. I have most of their albums.

Personally I'd say Metropolis is one of my favorites.

• Advertisement

Hmm. I like it anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭kawaii

I haven't gotton it yet. Have they taken a heavy approach again or what? Any acoustic songs?

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Dar

I was definitely underwhelmed when I first listened to it, however its starting to grow on me - especially Octavarium. Can't stand Sacrificial Sons though, had to delete it permanantly from the playlist.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

It's ok, but it's definitely lacking something. It's not good/bad in that there's songs I like alot and songs I don't like at all; each song is just patchy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

I like it, It is different however.... hmm, Could take a few listens....

• Advertisement
Advertisement