Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can seal my scripts baby - Yeah

Options
  • 10-06-2005 7:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭

Yo I am delighted to announce that today in paper 2 I managed to succesfully close and seal my script using my own saliva

for all the other exams it only half stuck but i have figured out the true nature of sealing them, and with a smile on my face I will tell you how

The trick is to seal them first fully without licking them making sure that you seal it right at the perforated edge so it is even over the script and the script is not putting pressure on it

Then simply fold up lick like she was a hot babe and seal!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Clap...clap...clap.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,711 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

actually yeah, i thought it was just me, but i dont think ive completly closed one script at all this year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

I always run out of juice halfway through.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭Shyster

damn shoddy quality seals after us paying our fees....!! do you think it will make any difference though, really?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭<Jonny>

Anyway, what's the deal with these answer books? The glue doesn't react very well. Even when i wet it thouroughly with my mouthjuice (mmmm) it just flaps there like a limp dick.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Examiner does it for me with the water in the jar they get when the coffee round is on!

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭wheresthebeef

i just lick my finger and run my finger along the seal a few times.
    i am sure its impolite to lick exam papers with your bare tongue.
    they should give us those little sponges on sticks and a teeny cup of water.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

i just lick my finger and run my finger along the seal a few times.
    they should give us those little sponges on sticks and a teeny cup of water.
    That would be great!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

Did Collock_Lad show ya that one?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭upmeath

<Jonny> wrote:
    ...Even when i wet it thouroughly with my mouthjuice (mmmm) it just flaps there like a limp dick.
    <Jonny> you're male, right?
    i am sure its impolite to lick exam papers with your bare tongue
    Nah, it's not! Who's gonna give out to you when the superintendent smells so bad?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭Oakbark

Lol yeah the last couple of days i used the polite finger-licking method to seal my papers, which doesnt really work, plus you have to run out of the hall to get away before it opens out again. Now i just lick it with my tongue, its the only way to keep it moist until you stick it. Lol. I'm actually talking about sealing my paper. I wrote less on one of my irish poetry questions than i have in this post.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭*Angel*

That doesn't stop me :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭Breezer

I thought I was the only one who couldn't do this! What's the point, it goes striaght into a box that looks like it was made to secure the Holy Grail

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭Fortinbras'

Breezer wrote:
    I thought I was the only one who couldn't do this! What's the point, it goes striaght into a box that looks like it was made to secure the Holy Grail

No box can hold the blood-line of our saviour

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭andrew163

Prit-stick awayyyyy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭Fortinbras'

andrew163 wrote:
    Prit-stick awayyyyy!

Are you serious?? oh my GOodness!

upmeath wrote:
    <Jonny> you're male, right?

Nah, it's not! Who's gonna give out to you when the superintendent smells so bad?

I'm so male that i'm almost female.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭Rredwell

An ultra-polite girl in my year pours a measure of water into the cap of her water bottle, and demurely dribbles the water onto the gummed flap. An example for us all.

This method also eliminates the saliva, hence DNA, samples, which could possibly infringe on the anonymity afforded by the system of exam numbers.

Lol :d

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭Da_IRISH_ONE4U

so em... 100000 students drooling on some answer books!

- DISEASE!, why arent the teachers looking for extra money. They risk infection, illness!

I wonder what would happen if someone sent "mysterious" white powder in the answer book. Would they fail us? - The Department would think there are terrorists or something after them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

Weird as it sounds, i havent even bothered trying to seal one yet.... I think the supervisor's been doing it for me the whole time anyway,i have left every exam early so far! Must give him somethin to do...

Did anyone see that episode of jonathan creek.... with.. the gorilla.. haha

It's an ingenius plot to poison the educated youth of Ireland. There's a toxin coating on all the strips, which will come into action in a few weeks. We'll all die.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 728 ✭✭✭randomfella

Whats all this talk of a finger?

Get a full tongue on it. I usually run over it a couple of times just to get that moisture balance perfect.

I forget to put my exam number on the paper, luckily there was only 2 of us and he called me back after i just walked out of the room, Phew *wipes sweat off forehead.

Yeah, i forgot to put my exam number on my irish aural paper, because i was used to not writing on the actual exam paper.

Luckily the examiner noticed, but it probably wouldn't have made much difference to my overall mark. I did so horrendously that I might as well have not done it.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

Rredwell wrote:
    An ultra-polite girl in my year pours a measure of water into the cap of her water bottle, and demurely dribbles the water onto the gummed flap. An example for us all.
    I do that! I was about to say oh my goodness are you in my school, when I realised that you're from Galway. So that rules that out then. I don't do it because I'm polite, I do it because I remember from the Junior Cert how disgusting it tastes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭chickens

We were told to use pritt stick after first day, I remember one girl she try do like you say with water but silly use her bottle not cap and it near go everywhere, the supervisor notice and tell her to stop, It reall bad glue, I no see why they not have the self-seal like on the fancy emvelopes, I was in Junior cert and thing not stick and I couldn't understand what do so poor supervisor had to do it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭Pistol Pete

I'm sure some people will respond to this with "duh, obviously" but they stick way better if you wet the paper flap and not the glue, in fact I think that might be what you're SUPPOSED to do!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 rose**

no really can u use prit stick!?

rose** wrote:
    no really can u use prit stick!?

What's stopping ya?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19 shelleEire

why wud u want to use prit stick?? just lick the ting

Advertisement