Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tales from the hall?

Options
  • 10-06-2005 7:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭

Anyone have any funny stories from the exam hall?

A guy in my year p1ssed into a bottle during the Irish exam today to see if he could get away with it. Word got around about it before the exam and for the first half an hour most of the people were watching him at his desk. All of a sudden he takes his empty water bottle, put's it underneath his jumper which was tied around his waist, leans forward a bit in his chair and two minutes later he takes the bottle back up and it's half full of p1ss. Everyone was in the exam hall was in hysterics under their breath.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭snappieT

One guy next to me farted every 15 minutes, on the 15 minutes. A really loud squeaky one too, that the entire centre heard.

And the superintendent is a retard. He fell asleep during Irish P1, and makes us pray before each exam.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

snappieT wrote:
    One guy next to me farted every 15 minutes, on the 15 minutes. A really loud squeaky one too, that the entire centre heard.

And the superintendent is a retard. He fell asleep during Irish P1, and makes us pray before each exam.
    hahahahah he makes you pray?!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭SonicDoom2005

Back in the day i did my leaving we had this fat priest guy who insisted on giving everybody a single cheese and onion tayto before each exam...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭*Angel*

Back in the day i did my leaving we had this fat priest guy who insisted on giving everybody a single cheese and onion tayto before each exam...

That's weird!

So is the p!ssing in the bottle aswell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭Fortinbras'

One guy in my exam when he saw the Eng. Poets shouted out

"YES DEADLY"

'cause we were all talking about dickinson and boland then seconds later he shouted

"Oh wait no!"

when he realised he did'nt actalley want those to come up, it was much funnier than it sounds

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭the smiley one

Our examiner guy is SO NOISY. First of all he walks up and down the non-carpeted bit of the hall with really loud shoes "clink - clink, clink-clink"...then he starts stamping something and he's sitting with his back to all of us...the whole hall was looking at him (he was faced the other way sitting at his desk facing the wall) and willing him to stop....but he just keeps on going..... also I swear we have lost exam time cuz he is soooooooo slow giving out scripts...ARGH!

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

One guy in my exam when he saw the Eng. Poets shouted out

"YES DEADLY"

'cause we were all talking about dickinson and boland then seconds later he shouted

"Oh wait no!"

when he realised he did'nt actalley want those to come up, it was much funnier than it sounds

Similar thing happened in our class... kinda.

We had a divide - everyone in the front of the class was willing Dickinson to come up, whilst everyone at the back row was willing Boland to come up... When the front row got the paper first, screams of "HA, DICKINSON, NO BOLAND!" could be heard and, gradually, the colour drained from the faces of those who had studied Boland until - finally - when they received the paper, it was like they had just been handed an A1 "YES! BOLAND!!!".

It was a good moment - pretty funny too (you had to be there though I think), considering it was still ongoing a good five minutes into the exam (the superintendents are pretty powerless to shut people up in these situations it seems - I'm sure they can kick people out, but they really don't seem to want to).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,711 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

Yeah i let a little shout when i saw the poets too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Dublinstiofán

our examiner is blind if theres people talkin and she sees them she takes a few seconds to put her glasses on and by the time shes ready they have well stopped. Its so funny. Theyre really nice tho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 939 ✭✭✭chicken_food

When our examiner was seating us for our irish listen comprehension, he was calling out our numbers
    '18300 front left....' then he said 18311' and someone shouted BINGO!
    It really lightened the mood!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Not from my year, but from 2000 in my school... Someone brought a pizza into her Leaving Cert history exam. Box and all.
    Also I was the only one in my school doing applied maths in the LC, and the superintendent started the exam 10 minutes early and finished 10 minutes late, and sent the 5th year from outside the hall to get coffee for both himself and me. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭bounty_hunter

My desk collapsed at the start of Irish and everyone applauded me. Which I'm sure was amusing for them.

ColHol wrote:
    Yeah i let a little shout when i saw the poets too

Me too, I glimpsed at the paper straight away (exam hadn't started), so everyone was told by me that Dickinson was up, although I ended up doing Yeats (better).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭lestats_bride

lol someone who farts like clockwork?!amazing!

Our examiner has really squeeky shoes and when they walk past me i just can't help but giggle. He fell asleep in the irish aural but was pretending to be looking down at a newspaper!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭bounty_hunter

My superintendent is really noisy aswell. Has has at least one cup of tea and a plate of biscuits every hour and spends about half of said hour crunching the biscuits as loudly as possible and stirring his tea every thirty seconds. He also keeps standing over people and watching them, which is very offputting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭rosa

My examiner read all my answers to the aural over my shoulder and then told me afterwards that I got on grand (he's an Irish teacher), which was sound!
    He eats apples very loudly though, and likes to announce dramatically how much time we have left when there's only an hour/half an hour/fifteen minutes to go. During English paper 2 he caused a bit of a commotion by declaring " Half an hour to go" when we actually had an hour, and everyone gasped in horror. Twas funny! He also bangs into peoples tables a lot on his strolls around the room.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭pingu_girl

our superintendent colapsed during paper 1 maths and 2 of the lads down the back had to carry her out i found this weird because i dint see or hear it and everybody else was talking about it after the exam most of been really focused on the maths i guess

rosa wrote:
    likes to announce dramatically how much time we have left when there's only an hour/half an hour/fifteen minutes to go.

That's better than nothing, our examiner doesn't tell us at all, but there is 3 examiners in our hall and I usually hear one of them go 5 mins left, that's it. I'm not good at keeping time, even though I always look at my watch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭pingu_girl

I heard a storey about a guy in wexford few years back took an E before his english paper 1 cuz he tought he could write a great essay and he had a bit of a drug problem . so he went in and was writing away then he started to come up on it and started writing really fast suddenly he triped out jumped up from his seat and shouted IM AN ORANGE! ORANGES DONT DO THE LEAVING CERT! handed up his script and walked out while the rest of the hall where hysterical. not sure how true it is but its a pretty funny story

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭rosa

I suppose its helpful, but it kinda distracts me too, and makes me feel more under pressure. But I agree that its better than not knowing how much time you have left. There are clocks though....

• Advertisement

That would be f*ckin hilarious, wish something like that had happened during mine. :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

snappieT wrote:

Im guessing you are actually in Dublin ya? Sounds like a teacher from my school.. Hrm..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 ashdabash

We hav 2 superintendent ppl d 1 on my side is really tall and looks like david bowie!!!him and d woman on d other side always wear coordinatin clothes its kinda weird!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 Murv

my superintendent is really blind, and a few of us had our hands up to get extra paper for irish 2. he just DIDN'T SEE, so we started doing the ymca.
    during irish 1 he came down and started chatting to the students. i was finished 20 minutes early and he asked me how was it, how did i find maths and then a few minutes later he came back and RANDOMLY asked me would i like to be a teacher, and why not. we had a GREAT chat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭DuFF-MAN

Our superintendent (elderly female) recieves a tray with a pot of tea, cup and biscuits for every exam. She makes a cup o tea inside the actual exam hall! So we hear the pouring of the tea and the "clink-clink" of the stirring of the sugar and milk!

A guy beside me makes loud slurping noise when she takes a swig......funny s**t!

She also insists on having an aul pray too! She calls it a "reflection" in the hope that "we will pick the question we are better able to answer"

I hate when a wasp/bee flies into the exam hall!...your always looking around to see if its near ya...buizzzzzzZZZZ

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 Murv

ah the clink clink clink of the examiners tea is the best. what a legend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭Oakbark

Look there are two examiners in our hall, and they are both like the extremes of our school principal! One guy is like if our principal went on a diet and shrivelled, and the other is like a blown up version of him. Oh, and one of them wears clothes from the 70's/80's, he looks like he hasn't been in a clothes shop for 20 years anyways.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭Shyster

does anybody know if alot of these supervisors are (retired) teachers or can they be just anyone??

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

Our English teacher told us that when his sister was doing the leaving cert years ago, a girl in her exam room committed suicide. She took one look at the paper, put two pencils up her nose, and then banged her head off the desk. the pencils went up her nose into her brain and killed her instantly. I highly doubt that it's true, but it's still quite gross... he told us this in a lecture about why we shouldn't get too worked up about the exams

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭Shyster

fishie put a warning on that post!!! i feel sick after reading it!

Advertisement