Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tales from the hall?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭trishemurphy

Fishie wrote:
    Our English teacher told us that when his sister was doing the leaving cert years ago, a girl in her exam room committed suicide. She took one look at the paper, put two pencils up her nose, and then banged her head off the desk. the pencils went up her nose into her brain and killed her instantly. I highly doubt that it's true, but it's still quite gross... he told us this in a lecture about why we shouldn't get too worked up about the exams
    you should've had a warning on that post man i wish i didn't read it :eek:

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

you should've had a warning on that post man i wish i didn't read it :eek:
    Ok, there's a warning on it now - but maybe you should take the quotation of my post out of your response in case someone reads that?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭*Angel*

That seems a bit extreme, (tbh I can't believe it), depressing though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

I've heard that story before too but with a guy instead of a girl. I think its just an urban myth, t'is a good one though!

D-Generate wrote:
    I've heard that story before too but with a guy instead of a girl. I think its just an urban myth, t'is a good one though!
    Yeah, you can always tell it's a dodgy story when it starts with something like "My English teacher's sister knew a girl who..."

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭Cherry_Pie

Fishie wrote:
    Our English teacher told us that when his sister was doing the leaving cert years ago, a girl in her exam room committed suicide. She took one look at the paper, put two pencils up her nose, and then banged her head off the desk. the pencils went up her nose into her brain and killed her instantly. I highly doubt that it's true, but it's still quite gross... he told us this in a lecture about why we shouldn't get too worked up about the exams

That actually did happen!

Cherry_Pie wrote:
    That actually did happen!
    Where? How do you know it's true?

The best is the guy in Dublin about 2 years ago going into H Maths. Forgot his calculater and called his mam who was bringing it down. The exam started before she got there and the Aid said she would give it in to the supervisor for him!! So 10 mins in his calcuator arrives ..... only its the TV remote!!!! :D

Fishie wrote:
    Where? How do you know it's true?

Becuase it was all over the news when it happened! Remenber my dad telling me about it. Its awful!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

onnly u could come up with that story bout the remote lol. only funny story i got is when i was doin the helping the supervisers for 5th year during the lc and we were all bored so set up a television and a dreamcast outside the exam hall so we souldnt b too bored.

• Advertisement

Why doesn't that surprise me! Jesus the clock annoys me imagine BANG BANG BANG coming from outside!!!!! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Waltons

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Kevin_rc_ie

pissing in a bottle? that's weird.
    the praying before the exam? contraversial.
    the sucicide - depressing.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

without volume of course. we aint that bad. i think that pencils is a bit of an urban legend tbh. well im sure their must b some element of truth but i dunno

"Without Volume!" Moo ye are that bad!!! I really wouldn't be surprised!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭wheresthebeef

ye guys are taking about exam halls. like we are in classrooms in my school about 15 students, one superintendant and an exam assitant outside the door (a TY or 5th Year Student).
    Is that what ye mean by "hall"? I'd hate to do my exams in a giant room with loads of people. Its comfortable and more relaxing in a small room of people you know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭luckat

Suicide: a few years ago a boy killed himself because he was afraid he wouldn't get straight As in the Leaving.

I'd have to say that it sounds as if sometimes people who have been striving with one thing in mind - the exam - for several years lose their balance when the exam is over.

It's as if they've been pushing and pushing at a door, and suddenly *bang*, it's not there any more, and they fall flat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Study???

I heard this story once where there was this guy called pam and he was doing his maths exam and came out and said "I didnt know what i was doing it was so hard." Eventually he realised after teachers talking to him that he done honours instead of foundation! I nearly wet myself when i heard that!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

tak out the name its against the charter

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Africa

Lol so many funny stories...

Well the funniest ive been having so far is the maths exam, and the way it folded out! Near everyone was saying WTF when they first got them. Lol.

Also my mate who has long hair has to wear a hairband to keep it out of his face. Looks hilarious. He spent on average 45 mins in each mock just messing with his hair cause it always got in his way!This is his way of combatting it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭:Keith:

Fishie wrote:

I'd highly doubt that was true also because I'm nearly sure that if somebody tried that the pencils would probably end up rupturing their frontal sinuses and thats as far as they'd go. It would be a very messy affair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭scorpy

our supervisor dude is awesome. he really puts everyone at ease and even the prayer he said on the first day(he asked first if we wanted one, which was therefore fine by me) was funny. I think the best was when he was explaining about the gummed bits on the answer books and he told us the glue was strawberry-flavoured. everyone was a bit disappointed when it turned out not to be.
    why on earth can't they just use sticky strips like on the art envelopes? my answer books keep coming unstuck...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭Fortinbras'

scorpy wrote:
    our supervisor dude is awesome. he really puts everyone at ease and even the prayer he said on the first day(he asked first if we wanted one, which was therefore fine by me) was funny. I think the best was when he was explaining about the gummed bits on the answer books and he told us the glue was strawberry-flavoured. everyone was a bit disappointed when it turned out not to be.
    why on earth can't they just use sticky strips like on the art envelopes? my answer books keep coming unstuck...

I have created a thread expaining how to expertly seal the scripts see Here

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Beno

Every afternoon exam there is a pidgion out side. And when someone chases it away 5 min later it back.
    CHOO CHOOO CHOO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭scorpy

I have created a thread expaining how to expertly seal the scripts see Here
    excellent, I won't have to worry about the damn thing coming undone again! ^_^;

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 rose**

in our irish exam the other day when it was really warm, the teacher opened the fire escape door, lucky the alarm didnt go off. about 10 minutes later a swallow flew into the hall. it started diving at people and all the girls started screaming. it then flew towards the window and starting hitting it. everyone was getting kinda freaked and we were justing watching it flying around. everyone just started talking. then the bird kinda settled down. only to poop beside one of the girls, who started screaming. it eventually flew out but it was the funniest thing that could ave happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭*Angel*

ye guys are taking about exam halls. like we are in classrooms in my school about 15 students, one superintendant and an exam assitant outside the door (a TY or 5th Year Student).
    Is that what ye mean by "hall"? I'd hate to do my exams in a giant room with loads of people. Its comfortable and more relaxing in a small room of people you know.

I'm in a hall with our whole year (about 150) in it, 3 examiners kinda separated, but not really. I don't mind it actually cos you can see your friends around you. We were split into classrooms for the aural.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Rebel Chick

Our school is alongside a housing estate and someone was cutting their lawn during our irish exam. The supervisor called the assistant outside the door and told them to ask the person to stop cutting the grass because it was distracting us. It was soooo funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Tiffany

Our supervisor wore these boots with bells on them (like cats have on their collars) and she'd pace up and down while jingling, 'twas very distracting. Oh and she got tea and biscuits brought to her every feckin' 30 minutes. Where's our tea and biscuits?? Oh wait... that was 2 year ago, heh... :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Waltons wrote:
    Ha, I knew my English teacher musta added to the story

Advertisement