Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tales from the hall?

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭BraveheartGal

Beno wrote:
    Every afternoon exam there is a pidgion out side. And when someone chases it away 5 min later it back.
    CHOO CHOOO CHOO
    we have a constipated donkey

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭*marie*

No stories worth mentioning here, (so far anyway!), but for my JC our superintendent was SO bad. For one of the exams he gave us out the writing paper and then sat down and proceeded to "rest his eyes" for a while! We thought it was great! It was about 10 mins later when one of the more anxious students put up her hand and reminded him that we'd be needing the exam paper too...Ahhh those were the days! I had such a laugh doing my JC...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭scorpy

haha, our junior cert supervisor guy was so outstandingly horrible. he was the fattest guy I'd ever seen and when he waddled down between the rows of desks he wheezed so bad I thought he was going to keel over any minute. he loved his tea(clink clink ching clink) and apples(CRUNCH crunch chew chew - I've never heard anyone eat an apple so loud) and he cut his damn fingernails at his desk - one of the girls sitting in the front row got hit by one! plus he stank so badly you could smell him from the other end of the room.
    I think the school filed a complaint afterwards, he was so bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭*marie*

hahahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

Our leaving was on during the last world cup. Our examiner person went missing very often for 20 - 30 minutes at a time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

We were all doing our Junior Cert then as well, unless people skipped transition year. Those were the days.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

a ''mature'' LC student told me that in eng paper 2 the other day when papers were given out one young lad [his words] started scrunching up paper into a ball and proceeded to throw it from far end of class landing successfully in the bin and while saying ''no wordsworth.. Fucuk this!!'' and stood up [loudly screeching desk&chair] walked out leaving the students and invigilator gawpin at the door.

My invig' is really nice...but really weird.. in home ec she started measuring the room with her feet [ya know counting paces] and writing it down then doin from the opposite side of room. She then measured her foot...seriously... and did calculations!!! There were only 3 left in the room and were all dying with laughter!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭trishemurphy

damnyanks wrote:
    Our leaving was on during the last world cup. Our examiner person went missing very often for 20 - 30 minutes at a time.

my jc was on during last world and everyone left exams early in case they'd miss anything the shop across the road from school brought a tv out front for us really sound

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭scorpy

Scraggs wrote:
    a ''mature'' LC student told me that in eng paper 2 the other day when papers were given out one young lad [his words] started scrunching up paper into a ball and proceeded to throw it from far end of class landing successfully in the bin and while saying ''no wordsworth.. Fucuk this!!'' and stood up [loudly screeching desk&chair] walked out leaving the students and invigilator gawpin at the door.

My invig' is really nice...but really weird.. in home ec she started measuring the room with her feet [ya know counting paces] and writing it down then doin from the opposite side of room. She then measured her foot...seriously... and did calculations!!! There were only 3 left in the room and were all dying with laughter!!
    that's odd, apparently our guy was measuring the hall too. he must have been really bored.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭Shyster

yeah, did the jc during the world cup aswell and the supervisor came around to everyone and shoved a piece of paper in our faces
    "Ireland 1 Germany 0"
    actually havent a clue what the score was but everyone cheered when they saw it-like a mexican eh cheer...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,711 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

ireland were never beating germany 1-0 if i remember correctly.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭Shyster

ColHol wrote:
    ireland were never beating germany 1-0 if i remember correctly.....

lol all i remember is they were playing germany and they werent losing, havent a clue of the score, it wasnt the final score anyways....forget it jus my little anecdote!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,711 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

haha, i really should stop, but they were losing 1-0 right til the end, and robbie keane scored an equaliser in the dying minutes....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

Shyster wrote:
    yeah, did the jc during the world cup aswell and the supervisor came around to everyone and shoved a piece of paper in our faces
    "Ireland 1 Germany 0"
    actually havent a clue what the score was but everyone cheered when they saw it-like a mexican eh cheer...

yeah that happened durin 1 of our jc exams as well..english maybe or was it irish anyway .... invigilator was 20 mins late and we didnt kno we would get extra time so we didnt really care and were very stressed ... one girl just went fucuk off to him!! she had some balls!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭captain_frances

snappieT wrote:
    And the superintendent is a retard. He fell asleep during Irish P1, and makes us pray before each exam.

Hahahahahaha. Hate THAT!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

For some exams they have to take down a note where people were sitting and in what positions. Perhaps Home Ec is one of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Dublinstiofán

rose** wrote:
    in our irish exam the other day when it was really warm, the teacher opened the fire escape door, lucky the alarm didnt go off. about 10 minutes later a swallow flew into the hall. it started diving at people and all the girls started screaming. it then flew towards the window and starting hitting it. everyone was getting kinda freaked and we were justing watching it flying around. everyone just started talking. then the bird kinda settled down. only to poop beside one of the girls, who started screaming. it eventually flew out but it was the funniest thing that could ave happened.

Some good narritive writers here. Dont know if i believe that one tho. Know ya did well in english anyway! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

Our exam hall is a fairly big place. It's about half the size of a football pitch. Of course some asshole farted in geography today and honest to God, it stank up at least half the whole hall. There are about twenty rows and at least nine of the rows radiating out from this guy were gasping! Even the examiners were shocked at how offensive the smell was.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Sarah**

my examiner is a total power freak and keeps callin us retards and what are are we 7 or 18....she belittles us b4 every exam and reduced a girl in my year to tears last friday before social....she is an absolute nutter. she takes 10 minutes to decide whether or not to poen her bottle of water then takes another 10 minutes to decide which side of her desk on the floor the bottle best sits, then she rumages through the exam case for about twenty minutes then takes out a cadburys swiss roll and starts unwrapping it every ****ing day!!! god help me if i last the week!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Cutie18Ireland

in my exam centre theres 2 lots of students facing different directions our examiner looks like Scary Mary from BB6 shes's so creepy and the other keeps opening all the fecking windows and there a winding pole thingy!! so noisy and it was f***ing freezing today!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭Fortinbras'

I have a really sweet teacher, who keeps eating chocolate during the exam, but doesnt want to be seen or disturb us and so opens it quitely under her desk, love it

Advertisement