Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Box O' Truth is back!!!

Options
  • 10-06-2005 8:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭

This time he's testing Level IIIA Armor.

Navigate from his Home Page, or go straight to the test.

Oh what fun! :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭Ammoman

Rovi wrote:
    This time he's testing Level IIIA Armor.

Navigate from his Home Page, or go straight to the test.

Oh what fun! :D

It doesn't say much for bullet proof vests , does it ?

Even when the bullet is stopped , i would imagine , looking at the indentations in the Clay that there would be quite a lot of damage to the wearer . :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Yeah, but the clay didn't have bones and lungs. Ribs breaking would absorb most of the energy, protecting the vital organs. Hopefully!
    Still though, I can't help but think I'd just rather not get shot at in the first place :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

There's a big discussion on all this stuff over on The High Road, complete with video links.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭Ammoman

Sparks wrote:
    Yeah, but the clay didn't have bones and lungs. Ribs breaking would absorb most of the energy, protecting the vital organs. Hopefully!
    Still though, I can't help but think I'd just rather not get shot at in the first place :D

Now you said it !, I want to stay behind the guns..... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 holeyshoe

I'm impressed by the results of the tests, but it is still a little scary what a bullet can do to you.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Iv seen tests on body armour and ballistics gelatin with various military calibers in person and its is def best to stay behind the the guns! Shotgun at close range does some savage damage. The cavity caused by a 9mm was surprising. Some of the exits are fairly messy as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

holeyshoe wrote:
    I'm impressed by the results of the tests, but it is still a little scary what a bullet can do to you.

That's a good thing! :D
    A little fear instills an appropriate amount of respect and caution. Anyone who doesn't fear what can happen if they're shot isn't someone I'd feel safe around on a range!

Advertisement