Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chili Peppers at Slane - Question about a song...

Options
  • 10-06-2005 8:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭

To anyone who was there or has the dvd...

Whats the song that John plays on his own after "Around the World"..
    I sounds like 60's motown, I tried figuring out the lyrics but couldn't really understand what he was singing.

Anyone got any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,925 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Think it's called 'Maybe'... forget who it's by... but i think it's credited on the inside of the DVD cover.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

It says Maybe, by Arlene Smith on the cover.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 carl johnson

May-ay-be if i cried eEevry night... ...You'd come back TOoooo stay.

I loved that at Slane. They cut some stuff from the DVD though, another cover played by the whole band, I think a Donna Summers song.. and Soul to Squeeze. Dunno why, it would have been better than the lame-ass "Screensaver" Videos that are on it

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

A good chunk of that DVD is actually form the Hyde Park show, where they were tighter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭Ciaran*

A good chunk of that DVD is actually form the Hyde Park show, where they were tighter.

i think its from the V festival or whatever they played the week before. the hyde park gig was last year same the the phoenix park one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25 carl johnson

Hyde Park?!? that's real ****. hate when bands do that. Do you know what bits? is it just audio or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

Cheers lads, playing it on the guitar right now...

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭Redegg

yea Ill never forget them playing soul to sqeeze at slane. It was so good. So pissed it didnt make the dvd.. Thought it sounded great. Best song of the night imo along with stacked actors by the foo's

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Soul to Squeeze didnt make it on cos John broke a string and messed up on the solo.
    I was disappointed at the editing of Maybe cos there was a great bit where John messed up on the high notes and had to start again :D

And i dont think any of it was from the V fest, as i was in the fornt row at slane and i can see myself in nearly every scene.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭BizzyC

I thought that flea playing Annie Lennox, on his own, was the coolest part of the gig.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Alienboy

whens it on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭Crimson

its over lol like 2 years ago dude, was ****e anyways :D

Advertisement