Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IT"S OUT IT"S OUT!!!!!

Options
13»

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

I want this blody demo but its a 56k no no for me.

Who is the nearest one of you guys that is downloading it.

Poz3D I think I'm going have to call over to your place to get it. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

azza, when you do, I think I'll have to call over to your place and get it.
    no, seriously.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Edit...ah sees the westmeth part in azzas name.

Ah well sure someones lives near you.

kdjac

In the meantime back to pro evo soccer for me.

Someone please give me this demo....please!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Would there be much point playing it if you only have a 56k? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Was about to ask where azza was from aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

well, I can play Bfv on my 56k just fine, and I get better pings than some people in our clan, sometimes ;)
    I'm hoping Bf2 wont be a bandwidth whore like Bf1942.
    Anyone know does it use more or less b/w than bfv?

And, Azza call me if you get that demo, I'll call round and copy it for myself. ;)

I suppose not on a 56k but that won't stay the same for too much longer (hopefully).

ITs easy for me to get a small lan going so thats where I intend to play it mostly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Well tbh im just downloading it to try out the single player :cool:

Speeds at 40kb/s for me, pretty crap but will do i guess.....

And wow, who an earth plays on 56k? I get lag on BB somtimes, can't imagine playing on a 56k....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

Guys played it last night !! very good but had a joint ops feel to it !!

more time to-dat ot play I hope !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

ShevY wrote:
    An irish server would be nice tomorrow maybe :p

TiG Irish BF2 Demo server has been up and running since last night at 82.195.149.49:16567 :)

Join the TiG IRC at #tig.ie on Quakenet for info and people playing, aswell as the password if its passworded at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

Winters wrote:
    TiG Irish BF2 Demo server has been up and running since last night at 82.195.149.49:16567 :)

Join the TiG IRC at #tig.ie on Quakenet for info and people playing, aswell as the password if its passworded at all.

thanks winters the 1st-IB lads will be in later for a few game s!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

After all the messing last night to get the demo, it keeps crashing before it even starts on my laptop :(

The IP I threw up earlier was wrong. My mistake. TIG Server is at: 82.195.149.49:16567.

There are no timelimits aswell so you can play until the tickets reach Zero :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

Got it bout hour after it was released last night, no queuing with full speeds from gamespot which was nice. Played on some uk servers with excellent pings (<40) with nearly everthing turned up.

Stole a enemy aircraft, pulled back on mouse when taking off but never did and hit mountain at end of runway :confused: also helis really hard to fly...

Is it just me or does it take a lot more bullets to kill someone now (i.e body shots)? also when sniping does the bullet drop after distance i.e do you have to aim above them to kill them from distance?

all in all good game with nice graphics and some cool effects (woozy head and medic reviving as well as ragdoll).

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

Yeah, I wasnt hittin shag all on the TiG server. In single player I noticed aiming above the head above the head from a distance while sniping hit's them dead on.

The Iraqi sniper rifle is a beast. Also the american engineer's shotgun.

Fragging with the defibulators ROCKS!!1 :D

The default controls for planes and helo's are reversed/inverted. Go into your Controls in the Options menu and change them around. You might find it easier then. It will also just take a decent amount of practice to get the hang of flying stuff, Joystick help I find :)

I've been getting a 20 -> 30 ping on the TiG server all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Winters wrote:
    TIG Server is at: 82.195.149.49:16567.

Just played a game on this. Getting consistently sub 10ms pings \o/ :D

Advertisement