Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Lost all my music - help ME

• 10-06-2005 9:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭

Hi sorry people didnt know where to post

My dad just deleted my 'my music folder' all 4.7gb of it, and it is not in recycle bin as it is too big!

what can I do to get it back???

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Restore it from the recycle bin in parts? That's assumnig indiviual songs are in the bin. Otherwise, good luck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

if its win xp then maybe u can go back to ur last restore point and get it there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

qz wrote:
    Restore it from the recycle bin in parts? That's assumnig indiviual songs are in the bin. Otherwise, good luck.
    No.
    magick wrote:
    if its win xp then maybe u can go back to ur last restore point and get it there
    No.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

magick wrote:
    Won't work. System Restore restores settings, not files.

You'll need to find yourself an undelete program, and write the minimal amount of data possible to the partition where your music was.

This is why not allowing anyone else to be Admin on a shared computer (you shouldn't even be admin yourself, but then I violate that rule too :)) is a good idea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

No.

No.

Do you have any suggestions?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

qz wrote:
    Do you have any suggestions?
    Yes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭Fortinbras'

Oh crap so there nothing I can do??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

seamus wrote:
    Won't work. System Restore restores settings, not files.

You'll need to find yourself an undelete program, and write the minimal amount of data possible to the partition where your music was.

This is why not allowing anyone else to be Admin on a shared computer (you shouldn't even be admin yourself, but then I violate that rule too :)) is a good idea.
    ^^ this is your best step at getting the files back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

what seamus said. there are loads of freeware undelete programs on download.com or happypuppy, which will do this for you. just dont move any files around or install anything new until you get your (i presume legally-obtained) files back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Shane O' Malley

I use Tuneup Utilities for undelete.

30 day trial available but if possible install it to a seperate disk so you don't overwrite your mp3's

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

rest2514 is pretty good - but IIRC it can't handle drives bigger than 80GB
    If you aren't using NTFS then there are a lot more programs..

4.7GB , that's like 1000 songs. Must have cost you a fortune in download fees. Anyone spending that sort of money should have a backup, Aldi/Lidl do USB drives quite resonable every so often. If they wern't legit downloads then accept it as poetic justice..

Since you can download/rip the files again you haven't really lost anything except convenience. It would have been far worse if data you had created had been lost as no one else would have had a copy. Apologies in advance if it was demos by your band..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭Mac daddy

try using one these

pref a tool wich you can run from a flop

Advertisement