Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Flying Road Debris - Again

Options
  • 10-06-2005 9:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭

Traveling (crawling) to work this morning, knew there was something after happening up ahead, cause we were doing 5 instead of 50mph.
    about a mile on, I see a VW jetta on teh shoulder of the oncoming side of the road with a wheel and hub missing, right, the axlestem on the ground, guy sitting in it waiting for a tow truck.
    wonder where the wheel wend I mused, found out soon enough, about a 1/4 mile further on another car was pulled over, with some cop cars nearby.
    As I passed I see a sizeable amount of the passengers area of the windscreen driven in, obviously by a large object. So I guess we can safetly assume the source of the damage.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 ✭✭✭Curran

How did the lad in the jetta get a 1/4 of a mile without it is what i wanna know!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭AMurphy

Lets see, 2 cars going opposite directions about 50mph each, would travel quiet a distance before stopping, even with a missing wheel, and the cops could have pushed him further and off the road also, I'll see if there is a good mark on the lane on my way home.
    Also, the car even with a broken window, would not stop in the lane but travel on until he found a safe place to pull in, unless of course he wanted his car damaged at both ends.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭stratos

hmm vw's and hubs coming adrift, seems familiar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭AMurphy

That familiar?. Not aware of anything here, wheel from hub/axle or axle & wheel from trailing arm?.

Advertisement