Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nec Nd-3540a

Options
  • 10-06-2005 10:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭

I ordered a DVD burner (NEC ND-3540A) from Komplett this week. Finally made the move from CDRs... and ahem... I'm impressed. For such a cheap drive it really does the business. I did a test by making a backup of my Zzap 64 disks to a cheap Samsung Pleoma DVD-R disk filling it close the max... 4.3Gb. Noticed my old DVD/CDBurner is unable to read it but a check on a newer DVD drive comfirms it was fine. Will try out the Dual Layer 8.5Gb disks when get they get a bit cheaper! At €35 for a pack of 4 is a little high. Anyway so far so good... I use the latest version of Nero 6.6.013 (gawd it comes with so much bloat but the main burner program is good).

Anyone else got this drive and how did it handle for ya?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

just got it my self. Havent used it though. Still waitin on my 100 DVD's (for 30€!). Seems to be fast enough. I'll be testing it tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭optiplexgx270

hamster wrote:
    I ordered a DVD burner (NEC ND-3540A) from Komplett this week. Finally made the move from CDRs... and ahem... I'm impressed. For such a cheap drive it really does the business. I did a test by making a backup of my Zzap 64 disks to a cheap Samsung Pleoma DVD-R disk filling it close the max... 4.3Gb. Noticed my old DVD/CDBurner is unable to read it but a check on a newer DVD drive comfirms it was fine. Will try out the Dual Layer 8.5Gb disks when get they get a bit cheaper! At €35 for a pack of 4 is a little high. Anyway so far so good... I use the latest version of Nero 6.6.013 (gawd it comes with so much bloat but the main burner program is good).

Anyone else got this drive and how did it handle for ya?

i have the 3530a drive basically the japan version of the 3540a afaik and its a nice piece of kit alright, although it is far noiser when watching dvd's than my sony DVD ROM drive. But super quiet @ burning the disks.

Have had it about 2 months now too, after a battle with dell over the ****e philips drive they ship.

sonic & alcohol 120% here

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭hamster

Well I burnt 2 DVD-Rs with it so far with Samsung Pleomax DVD-Rs (Optodiscs) practically filling both to 4450Mb. Was able to read CDs in 2 Dell DVD drives. My old (2000) DVD/CDR couldn't read it but other than it was great. Interestingly enough my old drive was able to read a different DVD-R burnt by a crowd from Rom Garden and the Zzap mags DVD.

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭dancin

I got one of these for my brother. He really likes it. Hasn't had any problems with it.

Advertisement