Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problems accessing the Net using Aolynk Router & Netopia 3347 Wireless Router

• 10-06-2005 10:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,308 ✭✭✭

I have just got Smart Broadband activated.

I'm trying to set up a wireless network using the Netopia 3347 Wireless Router that I had from Eircom. The router from Smart is a Aolynk DR814 ADSL2+ Router.

Reason being is that the Netopia router wont connect to Smart, probably because the router is not ADSL2+ compatible.

I have connected the Aolynk router to the phone line and then the Netopia wireless one to it using an Ethernet cable.

I can see both routers using a wireless lan card on my laptop (admin pages and by pinging each address).

The problem is that I can't access the internet using this setup.

I'm sure I've tried setting the Netopia router as a Bridge but to no success.

Has anyone any suggestions as to what I need to do.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Chalk

these are my thoughts, as you might get an answer at this time of night....

im not sure but wouldnt the eircom need to have an uplink port of some sort to be able to do this, ie you need a wireless ap, not a router.

if it doesnt, oud probably need to set the smart router to brige mode and let the eircom one look after the connection.

maybe.

thats all i got.

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 804 ✭✭✭TimTim

Try use the AoLynk as a bridge to your Netopia 3347, I have a pretty good idea on how to setup the AoLynk as a bridge if you need to know.

And then just fill in your details for Smart as you should on the Netopia.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,308 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

How do you set the Aolynk router as a bridge?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 804 ✭✭✭TimTim

Open your browser to 192.168.1.1
    Select 'WAN Setup' in the left-hand panel
    On the PPPoEup line, select Edit
    Change the VPI/VCI values to anything other than 8/35, click 'Change' at bottom of page
    Select WAN setup in the left-hand panel again
    Click 'Create a new service'
    Ensure the 'PureBridge' radio button is selected
    Click 'Configure' button
    Enter VPI 8, VCI 35
    Click 'Apply'
    You will receive the message : "DHCP server will be disabled after PureBridge connection is created"
    Click OK.
    Select 'Save Config' in the left-hand panel and save the config.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,308 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

Thanks

I actually got it to work using the Aolynx router as the DHCP server and the Netopia as a bridge.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭the corpo

has anyone gotten the smart wireless modem so far? is it worth the extra 140?
    i just want to be able to use my pc and my girlfriends powerbook off the same connection

Advertisement