Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

5th Year Courses

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭Irishstabber

Bob wrote:
    Stopped reading the thread here... LCVP is basically just like another subject as part of the LC. You are only eligible for it through certain subject combinations and your final grade is heavily based on a Portfolio of Coursework. To get back to the point, no they are not too completely different courses altogether and I did LCVP as part of my LC this year. That is all.
    But I thought that you only do portfolio work in the link modules(which if you do good only give you 70 points)...hmm I must be wrong(If I am please correct me)

Oh and Bob how are they not 'completely different' if they go separate paths...you said it yourself
    "You are only eligible for it through certain subject combinations"...thats sounds to me that they are different :confused: You do diff subject grouping in LCVP to LCE, so there not diff no?

Anyway form your own opinion of the choices....http://www.slss.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Fobia

Diarmsquid wrote:
    Or even better... A TY forum!
    If Nihongo (Japanese) gets its own forum, Transition Year should too!

Just to note, as far as I know this arguement has not been successfully used for creation of any new forum, so I doubt it's gonna work for you :) .

As for the JC board, those of us who'll be moving on (ie most other than PurpleFistMixer - 72 years here and counting!) will see eachother around the place no doubt, most probably on the Leaving Cert board in a few years. Though I'll miss the whole community thing a little I don't think it warrants a new forum to just move to: I'm against most new forums being created anyway :) .

Some of you I'll probably meet at LANs and the like (ie those of you who are leet enough to face me etc etc) and the rest are NOOBLETS!!111twenty. Bit early to be saying goodbye though, I mean we'll probably be here till at least the end of September!

I'll see ye at the next PPSMJCPA meeting,
    Fobia/quetzal/dave/"you in the bush!"

P.S. In case you havent noticed, I'll be posting sign-offs similar to this for the next 2 years or so, post count +1 plz thx lol bye.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,977 ✭✭✭Big Ears

actually Victor has suggested a transition year forum (before we brought it up) , maybe we should all support it .

I think he has come to like us :p , and possibly sees us as his minions and would be key should he ever try a cou on boards .

Big Ears wrote:
    actually Victor has suggested a transition year forum (before we brought it up) , maybe we should all support it .

I think he has come to like us :p , and possibly sees us as his minions and would be key should he ever try a cou on boards .

I'll be no man's minion in a coupe. Victor will be my minion and he knows it.

/awaits banning...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78,436 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Big Ears wrote:
    actually Victor has suggested a transition year forum (before we brought it up) , maybe we should all support it
    Well go support it.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=2893832#post2893832
    Fobia wrote:
    I'll be no man's minion in a coupe.
    Do you mean a small, two-seater, hard-top car?
    Victor will be my minion and he knows it. /awaits banning...
    Hmmm .... :D

Victor wrote:
    Do you mean a small, two-seater, hard-top car?
    Hmmm .... :D

Into the passengers seat, that's it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

ARGH! So a JC forum, a TY forum...and a LC forum?! We know where we're not wanted!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Haha. *points and laughs at fifthyearstobe in corner* :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

"You are only eligible for it through certain subject combinations"...thats sounds to me that they are different :confused: You do diff subject grouping in LCVP to LCE, so there not diff no?]
    No, you're wrong. What Bob meant was your only eligible to do LCVP if you choose certain subjects for the LCE.

In my case I did 2 sciences, you can also do 2 business subjects, or ag science and business. They're the same though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78,436 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Haha. *points and laughs at fifthyearstobe in corner*
    If I knew what that meant, I'd ban you. :D

Raphael wrote:
    No, you're wrong. What Bob meant was your only eligible to do LCVP if you choose certain subjects for the LCE.

In my case I did 2 sciences, you can also do 2 business subjects, or ag science and business. They're the same though.

Well thats not the way I've been told....In my school LCE isnt an option so LCE has nothing to do with my Choices of subjects

You can do many subject groupings..go look at the website I've provided

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

I know. Those were a few examples. See, I've made the choice and I'm doing LCVP.

Its funny...im doing LCVP but its a strange version of it in my school....see I dont get to choose anything except a choice between Geo-History-Biology(nope not Phys or Chem) and Materials Tech:Wood-Art....I get the ****tiest of choices
    I get to do number 12... http://lcvp.slss.ie/aboutlcvp.html

Advertisement