Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nvidia 7800 on Overclockers.co.uk....

Options
  • 10-06-2005 11:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭

Just popped over to Overclockers.co.uk, and noticed that on the front page there's a thing for the Nvidia 7800 cards. "Due to arrive June 22nd".

Hmm. I may hold off buying this new rig for a few days, although if they'll actually arrive on the 22nd is a different matter...

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,732 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

jebus there nearly out already

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

Strange that there's no links r pics r anything on theire site... Apart from the lovely shade of 7800 grey..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭Mac daddy

from overclockers.co.uk forum -
    Gibbo wrote:
    HI there

Were an NV official launch partner!!

We shall be stocking only BFG, Leadtek and XFX brands for reasons which now should be obvious to most but to summarise here are those reasons:-

1. BFG and XFX give a far higher level of customer support and better warranties for customers direct providing faster RMA times and better technical support. Other manufacturers like Asus, MSI can't come close to them when it comes to warranty support and backup.
    2. BFG and XFX only take better yield cores from nVidia hence why their products are often overclocked out of the box still with full warranty.
    3. Leadtek products always have uprated cooling systems, excellent reliability and normally cost less, yet you get more than competing manufacturers.

In essence we shall have BFG, Leadtek and XFX 7800 series products available in stock on NV launch or there abouts. As were now an official launch partner we can't put the products on pre-order until official launch date but what will happen is that we will have stock wheras other E-Tailors will not.

We shall not be stocking MSI, Asus, Galaxy, Gainward, Aopen, Chaintech, Point of View etc. as their products are not as good quality as the brands were now doing, they are not as competitive on pricing and finally their after support quite frankly sucks. We may offer Gigabyte and OcUK brands but we believe BFG, Leadtek and XFX to be the best 3 brands available world wide and they offer the customer more at no extra cost.

Here

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

No prices yet :(

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

They will prob be priced the exact same as the 6800 at launch...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

...and finally their after support quite frankly sucks...
    Haha that's a good one... OcUk criticising some other company's aftersale support... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

well i found their customare care to be excellent when i had a borked gfx card....but i believe it went to hell soon afterwards... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

It used to be bad, now it's actually quite good - but it still takes a while to get through on the phone sometimes.

Well I haven't had anything to do with them since early last April, when I spent a day and a half of non stop phoning to get through to them, because they had sent me a PCI-express card instead of the AGP card I had ordered and had completely left out another graphics card which had also been on the same order. Based on that experience and various other bad experiences - ranging from goods being shipped to Derry in the North, instead of Kerry in the Republic (nope, it wasn't Parcelforce/GLS' fault), to a 'new' €200+ motherboard which arrived in B-stock condition (packaging clearly opened and cables etc. untidily repacked, and missing the cds) - I will never spend another penny with those w*****s in Stoke again. They might have a lot of stuff but the apathy displayed by OcUK if something goes wrong (which does happen far too often) is ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

unklerosco wrote:
    Strange that there's no links r pics r anything on theire site... Apart from the lovely shade of 7800 grey..
    does that for me too take it ur using FF, on IE it gives a nice little count down timer :)

• Advertisement

Some pics of the 7800GTX

untitled4.bmpuntitled3.bmpuntitled2.bmp
    untitled.bmp

And 3dmark05 score:
    540026f2-8fe7-4286-9da7-ce2541ecf9a74501200.jpg

I'd have thought the GTX would get a bit more than that in 3Dmark05. Isn't the GTX the new name for the 'Ultra' model?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Doubt that based purely on the cool solution.. GTS was the ****ty one wasnt it so I doubt GTX will be the best one..

• Registered Users Posts: 16,607 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

well, apparantly the GTX is the top one name (with an ultra coming out as the 'refresh' part later). Also, they're moving to single slot cooling now.

Yeah that's the impression I have got as well from reading around the web on this, GTX in 7800 is the equivalent to Ultra in 6800 giving them a bit of headroom to get out an Ultra Platinum Edition style model again after a few months or so.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Does anyone else think it's kinda strange that it's only 6 days away yet there isn't any reviews, or even hands on previews, around ?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

stevenmu wrote:
    Does anyone else think it's kinda strange that it's only 6 days away yet there isn't any reviews, or even hands on previews, around ?

NDA's?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Hadn't thought of that, usually nVidia (aswell as others) are tripping over themselves trying to get as much publicity as possible before a release. If they're not this time, I wonder could it mean that either the card isn't up to much, and they don't want people to find out untill as late as possible or else it's something really special and they want a huge publicity frenzy at launch.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Lord Oz

Comparing the 6800 - what would a 6800ultra normally get in 3dmark05, assuming the other specs(cpu,memory,etc) are similar?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,141 ✭✭✭masteroftherealm

Hmmm i'm gonna see what i can find out about them in work we stock NVdia so might be able to get some real info

• Advertisement

stevenmu wrote:

specs

not many sites have the full specs yet - there keeping a close lid on this gfx

7800.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭DemonOfTheFall

Wow, that is a really sexy stock cooler. Why oh why dont they use a 2 slot solution as standard though, 2 slot coolers work so much better!

english review!!!!

OPP has 3 cards... two in SLI (watercooled) with his FX55 @ 3600mhz.

Scores are remarkable!!

3dMark01 = 44,488

3dMark03 = 34,011

3dMark05 = 15,990

Single 7800GTX with a 3700+ @ 3ghz = 3dMark05 = 9,671

As soon as these get proper drivers we will see even better scores!

I want...

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Ebonyks

Why is he cooling that cpu with a big black dildo :confused:

Also here's more reviews from The Tech Report, Anandtech and Beyond3d

http://www.techreport.com/reviews/2...tx/index.x?pg=1
    http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.aspx?i=2451
    http://www.beyond3d.com/previews/nvidia/g70/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Ebonyks wrote:
    Why is he cooling that cpu with a big black dildo :confused:
    Its vapochill, I think.